Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What off road lights do you run on your Tacoma?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
What off road lights do you run on your Tacoma?

Like the title says. Also, how bright are they and if you don't mind sharing, what did you pay for them and installation?

I have 4 Piaa 80 Racing Series off road lights. They have both a high and low beam on them. I bought and installed them originally on my 97' Tacoma back in 98' I think. I don't remember what I originally paid for them because I did a bunch of stuff to my truck at once back then. Going off of memory, the low beams I think are 90 watts and the high beams are 150 watts. My friends refer to them as my portable daylight. They were they one thing I kept from my 97' and when I bought my 07' Tacoma, they were the first things I put on the truck to have a little piece of my old one always with my new one.

Here are some pictures of them on my old truck and my new truck.

97' Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab.

07' Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab TRD Off Road Package.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
iroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to beholdiroc409 is a splendid one to behold
iroc409's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the Genesis were only HID models. Have you ever compared them to standard Blitz 240's? I used to have a pair of those, so I am just curious.

Lightforce doesn't do a whole lot for curvy roads (at least the Blitz do not), but they are outstanding for throwing a long-range beam.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 4 - PIAA 520 driving lights. First pair cost me over $300 and free install (myself). I got lucky with the second pair and found just the lamps on amazon for $100 and did my own wiring. Switches, relays, wire loom and wiring were all extra.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Running a Craigslist special, 20 dollars for all four lights! And they're very bright!

They serve my needs, eventually I'd like to upgrade to an HID.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
not the best pic, but lightforce 170 strikers, hella 500ff's (daylighter covers were a joke, someone wanted me to put them on my truck) which are in the process of HID conversion, hence covered. Lightforces were ~273 w/wiring harness from sierra expeditions, hellas were 55/set w/ wiring on fleabay. I installed myself, there's nothing to it

Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Running:
1x 7 inch HID
2x Hella 500ff Fogs
2x Hella micro de fogs with yellow bulbs
in the headlights are Hella ultra bright white.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery