Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

best aftermarket bulbs

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
pb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: JT
pb2xfreek's Tacoma Gallery
best aftermarket bulbs

What would be the best brand of aftermarket bulbs that I could get for my taco for under $50?
Old 05-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeryck
JTyfz450's Tacoma Gallery
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs are pretty good. They are $50 on Amazon right now. My brother has the Philips Crystal Vision and they don't look as good as the PIAAs, which put out a whiter light IMO.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
JTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTyfz450 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.amazon.com/15224-Style-Xt...=27QGOH4SMR5GP
Old 05-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
pb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedpb2xfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Sweet thanks I'll take a look at em!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
sook is on a distinguished road

sook's Tacoma Gallery
Please don't put blue lights in anything.

Http://www.DanielSternLighting.com can tell you why and sells amazing bulbs.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #7

Air Force:
Ya I've heard a lot of bad things bout blue bulbs so I wasn't thinking bout getting them. Thanks for the warning tho.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #8

What's so bad about them. They put out good light
Old 05-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyfz450 View Post
What's so bad about them. They put out good light
I think they're talking about bulbs made to actually illuminate bluish.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTyfz450 View Post
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs are pretty good. They are $50 on Amazon right now. My brother has the Philips Crystal Vision and they don't look as good as the PIAAs, which put out a whiter light IMO.
I have the same bulbs and really like them also. The Philips Xtreme Power bulbs are also a good bulb.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of bulbs are you talking about about? Light output, longevity, color??
Old 05-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #12

Air Force:
I'm looking for light out put and longevity don't care bout color even tho blue would be cool and match my truck but the only thing keeping me from getting them is what i hear about them. I've heard people saying they don't last long, the blue color sometimes looks purple so Idk.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #13
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2xfreek View Post
I'm looking for light out put and longevity don't care bout color even tho blue would be cool and match my truck but the only thing keeping me from getting them is what i hear about them. I've heard people saying they don't last long, the blue color sometimes looks purple so Idk.
Just so you know, increased light output is usually coupled with a shorter life span. It's a trade off.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #14

Air Force:
Ya I kinda figured still want to get the best I can pay for
Old 05-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Ive used Sylvania silverstar ultras and i really liked the light output with them.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #16

Air Force:
Doesn't wally world sell those?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
Erik37 is on a distinguished road
Erik37's Tacoma Gallery
Why not HID's from DDM Tuning? They're $50 for the bi-xenon and come with lifetime warranty.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #18
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
I've run PIAA Intense White bulbs for years. I'm very happy with whiteness, brightness, and reliability. (They're available for $45/pr from Amazon.)
Note that while the Intense Whites have a blue appearance when off, the light they throw is WHITE (not even the slightest hint of blue).

I've also heard good things about Philips X-treme Power bulbs, which are available for $30/pr from Amazon, OSRAM Night-Breakers, available through Amazon for $34/pr, and Sylvania SilverStar zXe bulbs, available through Amazon for $60/pr.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:45 AM   #19

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik37 View Post
Why not HID's from DDM Tuning? They're $50 for the bi-xenon and come with lifetime warranty.
Because HID's don't belong in reflector housings... If you want HID's, do it right and retrofit some projectors
Old 05-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #20
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
It just kills me when people are concerned about looks when it comes to something so important as light output.

Products Discussed in this Thread