Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Yellow Fogs Installed

Old 12-23-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow Fogs Installed

My stock fogs started fogging up, so I bought the yellow ones off of ebay and installed them today. Lamin-x is cheaper for the same look. Oh well -- some pics:

Old 12-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
niceeeeeee! I LIKEY
Old 12-23-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
Mark350 is on a distinguished road
Mark350's Tacoma Gallery
Now put some 3000k HID's in them and watch how yellow things can get lol
Old 12-23-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Nice frenchies
Old 12-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 12-23-2008, 06:29 PM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark350 View Post
Now put some 3000k HID's in them and watch how yellow things can get lol
Thanks guys - I've got Nokya Hyper Yellow 2.5k (halogen) in there right now -- fairly yellow.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
tommy07 is on a distinguished road
tommy07's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!! I love the yellow fog light look. I had yellow fogs on my rsx before I bought my truck. But it was the clear fogs lights, then the lamix film. How much did the yellow fogs from ebay run you? I plan to get the lamix film today and put them on sometime this week!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
Dizzle is on a distinguished road
Dizzle's Tacoma Gallery
they look good i want some ive been lookin everywhere for them cant find them. what you enter for your search on ebay to find that kit
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
Mayor of TW

UPDATE:

This yellow fog kit is GARBAGE. I've driven about 500 miles with these installed. I started to notice that the lights were shaking while I was driving.

Well, I checked them out today -- the plastic "nipples" broke off! ARGH... Buyer Beware. You're better off having the stock Fogs an putting Lamin-X on the lenses.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaTaco View Post
UPDATE:

This yellow fog kit is GARBAGE. I've driven about 500 miles with these installed. I started to notice that the lights were shaking while I was driving.

Well, I checked them out today -- the plastic "nipples" broke off! ARGH... Buyer Beware. You're better off having the stock Fogs an putting Lamin-X on the lenses.
Dang I didn't even know you bought aftermarket fogs! Hey so when your talking about the yellow fog kit? Did you buy just some clear aftermarket fogs and put the nokya 2.5's in them? Because I know they have actual yellow fogs for our trucks off of ebay.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #14
tommy07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
UPDATE:

Man I am sorry to hear that. I was curious to see how everything was going to turn out. I ended up purchasing the lamin x film last week and put them on my truck yesterday. The film cost about $25 bucks with shipping. I kept my stock bulbs in because I believe if I go to a higher bulb the film will start to develop brown burn marks (this happened all the time with my last vechile because the bulb was to powerful). But overall at night, just using the yellow film puts off a far amount of yellow light. I attached a picture of how it turned out.
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow Fogs Installed-picture-1014.jpg  
Old 01-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #15
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy07 View Post
Man I am sorry to hear that. I was curious to see how everything was going to turn out. I ended up purchasing the lamin x film last week and put them on my truck yesterday. The film cost about $25 bucks with shipping. I kept my stock bulbs in because I believe if I go to a higher bulb the film will start to develop brown burn marks (this happened all the time with my last vechile because the bulb was to powerful). But overall at night, just using the yellow film puts off a far amount of yellow light. I attached a picture of how it turned out.
Hey that looks pretty good. I was thinking about getting yellow fogs as well but didn't want to replace my stocks with aftermarkets so I just got yellow bulbs. I might try this lamin x film you used! Mind if I ask where you bought it from? Also, how did the install go, pretty easy? Never mind on where to get them. Just found some on ebay. Man, I love ebay!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #16
tommy07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Hey that looks pretty good. I was thinking about getting yellow fogs as well but didn't want to replace my stocks with aftermarkets so I just got yellow bulbs. I might try this lamin x film you used! Mind if I ask where you bought it from? Also, how did the install go, pretty easy? Never mind on where to get them. Just found some on ebay. Man, I love ebay!!!

Yeah eBay is the greatest! You might also what to try http://www.lamin-x.com/ to get the sheets of film. The install is very easy and took approximately 45 minutes. I would recommend removing the fog light first because it will be A LOT easier to work the film onto the lens. All you have to do is unscrew the light from the back of the housing and then remove the screw. There is only one screw holding the fog light in place. So once you have removed the screw the fog light just pops out.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #17
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy07 View Post
Yeah eBay is the greatest! You might also what to try http://www.lamin-x.com/ to get the sheets of film. The install is very easy and took approximately 45 minutes. I would recommend removing the fog light first because it will be A LOT easier to work the film onto the lens. All you have to do is unscrew the light from the back of the housing and then remove the screw. There is only one screw holding the fog light in place. So once you have removed the screw the fog light just pops out.
Oh okay cool!!! Thanks! Yeah I will probably take out the whole fogs like you said, easier to work around. I think that's the website I bought it off of. I got the pre-cut ones though instead of the whole sheets.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #18
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Dang I didn't even know you bought aftermarket fogs! Hey so when your talking about the yellow fog kit? Did you buy just some clear aftermarket fogs and put the nokya 2.5's in them? Because I know they have actual yellow fogs for our trucks off of ebay.
it was ebay kit for the entire foglight system -- one of my stock fogs had a hole burned into it (don't ask... lol) and moisture got into it causing condensation...

anywho... ordered a new set today... hopefully get them this week.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #19
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
couple thousand miles with the nokyas in stock housings with no probs so far. I used the sh_t outta them on my trip to Oregon too.
mine burned from the Nokyas (call it... installation error).......
Old 01-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #20
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
mine burned from the Nokyas (call it... installation error).......
Oh okay so the Nokya's won't melt the plastic Delmarva?