Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Got bored yesterday and did this...LED swap

Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Got bored yesterday and did this...LED swap

I ordered the LEDs a bit ago and finally decided to see how badly I could screw up my gauge cluster. I love how it turned out!! White gauges with blue needles.Re-did the turn signals in green ( hated the yellowish green that they were),did the headlight indicator in white and re-did the cruise indicator in green. While I was in there I di-noc'd the inside surface of the gauges as well ( something different ).This is a daytime pic,I'll put one up later after it gets dark .

I also wanted to thank Jerez for a bit of info that made this turn out that much better !

Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
MillerMan06 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
MillerMan06's Tacoma Gallery
cool wright up of how you did it and where u got the leds and the part number of them would be cool I would love to do that to mine.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I actually followed this write up ...

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...read.php?t=941

And got the LEDs from Oznium that were posted in this thread...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...uge-swaps.html

The only helpful suggestion I have would be to order extra LEDs as these are VERY small and easy to overheat. So order a couple extra in each color ( they're cheap ) . I would also suggest that you DO NOT try this if you have no soldering experience.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
nuckin futs member
RIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Stefan
RIDDICK3's Tacoma Gallery
what paint did you use for your needles?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Ka like a wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDDICK3 View Post
what paint did you use for your needles?

It's an acrylic model paint. If I were to do this again I would have taken the time to mask off the needles and use a spray can of the same paint. Any acrylic color would work,just remember that you want the same color or a close color to the lighting you're using for best effect ( Same as replacing any bulbs under a colored lens ) .
Old 05-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
XIGUNHAWKIX's Tacoma Gallery
^^^x2
Old 05-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
Ka like a wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyfield19 View Post
Looks great. btw, I love the second quote in your sig.
Thanks ! It's from one of the best sci-fi series ever made IMHO. Firefly. Kind of a sci-fi western feel...odd...but great chemistry between the characters. It ran for only 10 episodes and was the basis for the movie Serenity. They had a huge fan following but it didn't do well in the ratings so Fox pulled it.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
Ka like a wheel

It got dark finally so I took a couple more pics...

Old 05-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
another minion
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
Nice look, and Firefly is one of the best series that never made it.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #12
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
That looks great..how bright is it while driving at night?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #14
Ka like a wheel

It's not as bright as the pic looks...the overlay in the dash cuts the glare out..so it's just white numbers..and you can still dim it.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
Fuera culeros..
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Lol I guess I'll post on Tw as I did in xru...looks good man haha

Question tho, why did You leave the ODO orange??