Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Need Help - Light Install

Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help - Light Install

A couple weeks ago we installed my Relentless Fabrication front bumper. The OEM fog lights do not fit my version of the bumper so Iíve been shopping around for some new ones.

Yesterday I purchased some PIAA 5110 lights and I wanted to utilize the existing fog light wiring and the in-the-cab switch. My questions are: can this work? If so is it simply a matter of stripping and splicing the lines together or do I need to use the connectors? If splicing them together will work, which color goes to which. From the truck there are two wires, one thatís green and another thatís black and white. On the PIAAs there are two wires, one white and one black (pictures below).

Besides disconnecting the battery before doing it, are there any other things a wiring n00b should know prior to doing this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Wire from the truck

Wire from the light

Old 05-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Search online for a Tacoma wire diagram and it'll tell you which is pos and which is neg. I see no problem with cutting the adapters and using butt splices
Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #3
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
Search online for a Tacoma wire diagram and it'll tell you which is pos and which is neg. I see no problem with cutting the adapters and using butt splices
^^^What he said

I've done this to around 3-4 trucks already installing Offroad hid lights or led light bars

I just dont remember if green or white was + or -...I think green was -
Old 05-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. Anything else I should keep in mind while doing it?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Ummmm...to make a nice clean install and if you ever want to go back to your stock plugs, use a couple of male-female crimp connectors...easy disconnect for future stuff

EDIT: green is positive white is negative
Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 PM   #6

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Ummmm...to make a nice clean install and if you ever want to go back to your stock plugs, use a couple of male-female crimp connectors...easy disconnect for future stuff

EDIT: green is positive white is negative
Thanks for the input man!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
No prob