1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help! Just installed hid's, no low/high beam

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Erik37, May 12, 2012.

1. May 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    Erik37

Erik37 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Langley, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport 6spd leather
    I just installed a low/high beam and fog light hid kit from DDM Tuning. The fog lights were fine but I don't have any low or high beams. I've installed many hid kits on my own and friends vehicles but this is the first one that is one bulb for low/high. It came with an extra harness that was pretty self explanatory. So any ideas what the problem is?

2. May 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    Erik37

Erik37 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Langley, BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport 6spd leather
    I tried a different fuse, I tried grounding it to directly to the negative of the battery, the 3 pronger is plugged in on the drivers side, I didn't tape off the passenger side but I don't see how that would be the problem.

3. May 12, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've installed three of the DDM low/high systems. Inadequate ground on any of the intended connections will cause all kinds of problems.
    BOTH ballast ends must be grounded. For some reason, they do not use a common ground in the harness.

The DDM does not use a Halogen high beam... it uses a solenoid in the back of the socket to pull the burner back.
    The solenoid has it's own separate 2-conductor wire and plug that plugs into the harness, which in turn plugs into the relay control box.

And no... I will NOT be installing a DDM system on my Tacoma, nor do I recommend that they be used on any on-highway vehicle other than a motorcycle.

4. May 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Call?

Last time I dealt with them was 2009. At that time, they had no phone number on their web site or documentation.
    Email was the only method of contact. Their explanation, email allowed them to most efficiently process customer requests in the order the requests were received.

IOTW: They're down to 2 employees and they don't want them on the phone all day collecting problems that they need to be working to solve.

December 2010 DDM announced that they were getting out of the plug-in kit business as of March 2011, but apparently that didn't happen.

Products Discussed in

To Top