LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Strobe Relays/Modules

Old 05-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Strobe Relays/Modules

Hello All,
I want to have all my LED off road lights able to strobe with one of these strobe relays/modules:

http://www.soundoffsignal.com/electr...c_etledfc1.htm

problem is, the highest rated module i can find is only 3 amps.

All my LED lights added together will draw 15 amps.

Is it possible to have the strobe module hooked up to the circuit prior to the relay, so it is actually strobing the relay, which in turn activates the lights? or will that quickly burn out the relay? Thanks!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Cheese it in there!
tacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant future

tacomafide's Tacoma Gallery
The relay might not even be able to pick/drop at strobe speeds.
I would not go that route.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomafide View Post
15a from LEDs huh, mother f'r.
R u sure??
yea im gonna have six of these:
http://stores.advmonster.com/-strse-...off/Detail.bok
Old 05-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #5
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen 10A LED strobes .. can you do with 2?
Old 05-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
Cheese it in there!
tacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant future

tacomafide's Tacoma Gallery
Could u get a strobe module for each one?
What's another 100 bucks?
Old 05-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4You View Post
I have seen 10A LED strobes .. can you do with 2?
where at?

This one from sho-me looks pretty good:

http://www.able2products.com/Update/11_1005_v1.htm

it's 5 amps max so I can hook two lights up to it, 7 patterns.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

ended up getting the HD version, 6 amp draw each output, so i can hook up total 4 of those lights. I'll post some vids once it's all done

http://www.able2products.com/Update/11_1005sfhd_v1.htm
Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #9
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
ended up getting the HD version, 6 amp draw each output, so i can hook up total 4 of those lights. I'll post some vids once it's all done

http://www.able2products.com/Update/11_1005sfhd_v1.htm
ya, that's a lot better than what I was thinking of.

I was looking at brake light strobes .. they handle more amps but don't have selectable patterns.

nice find