LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

wiring factory push button switch w/Hella 700's

Old 05-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
wiring factory push button switch w/Hella 700's

Ok, going to wire up my Hellas and want to make sure I've got the wire positions correct on my factory switch. I'm using the supplied Hella harness with a 4 pin relay. (30-85-86-87).

I've got the push button Toyota p/n 84160-04010 sw. with the connector and 4ea. wire leads. Someone (I think it was Pugga) posted the correct pin position and wire locations but I couldn't find it in many searches. Here's what my feeble mind remembers.

Looking at the switch with the connector release on the right, from the top;

4--ground
3--relay pin 86(yellow wire from Hella harness)
2--sw. power for illumination(+)
1--sw. ground(-)

Is this correct? Can pin 4 & 1 be connected together?

Any help is appreciated. Have a good weekend.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ah nevermind. I got my meter and a couple of batteries and figured it out. I might post some pictures and post the results so the next guy/gal will have it easier.
Nothing to it, it's just wiring. I was just being lazy and letting the internet get the answers for me.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #3

Done.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
OK so was the first post correct? My new light bar will be here any day now and I plan on reusing the stock switch. Second question, what did you have to remove to acess the upper switches?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24 View Post
looks good

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
OK so was the first post correct? My new light bar will be here any day now and I plan on reusing the stock switch. Second question, what did you have to remove to acess the upper switches?
Brent,
Not quite. Me feeble mind doesn't remember so good anymore.
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum..._schematic.jpg

Hopefully the above link will open. This is the correct wiring schematic for the OEM 84160-04010 switch.

I just removed the coin tray and the blank plug where I put the new switch for access. You'll have your head up near the pedals for a little while but it's not too bad to run a couple of wires.

Good luck.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 07-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
Redtaco704 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
Redtaco704's Tacoma Gallery
Which light bar is this? Looks good!
Old 07-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
Canes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanes58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EAOS 83'
Canes58's Tacoma Gallery
I've got this same switch and would like to hook up fogs. Single cab not wired. Can you give me some clue where I can get power for the top wire, 12v in and the third one, 12v illuminated? Thank you.