LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

LED LIGHT BAR COMPARISON RIDIG vs VISION X vs BAJA DESIGNS

Old 05-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
LED LIGHT BAR COMPARISON RIDIG vs VISION X vs BAJA DESIGNS

All,
I have seen a lot of HID vs LED comparisons and such but I haven't seen anything (other than random posts in other threads) on the 3 major light bar companies (3 that I know of, chinese no-name/nock off brands excluded). This is for a 20" light bar but I am assuming all compatible light bars would be the same.

So here is what I have:
RIDIG INDUSTRIES $675
http://www.RigidIndustries.com/product-p/eseries20.htm
vs
BAJA DESIGNS $600
http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...Xpg-20-Led-Bar
vs
VISION X $1000-2000
http://sdhqoffroad.com/22xmitterelit...floodbeam.aspx

What I want to know are major design differences, is the Vision X really worth that much more, personal opinions (if you have personal first hand experience with them), pro's and cons, etc.

If there are other major brands out there I missed, please add them to the list and post up why. Please no cheap 3rd world nock-offs.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 10" AnzoUSA LED Bar. It puts out some great light and thoroughly tested like the rigid brand. It's cheaper but 10" is as big as they go and don't have many accessories for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG_lQKSEtjI&sns=em

Old 05-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, no one else has input?
Old 05-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
I'm probably not much help but I've got the rigid industries smaller off road lights, don't know the model off the top of my head, but it puts out great output and i love em, eventually wen i get some extra cash I'm going to get the 20" light bar
Old 07-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
I have two RI Duallys on the back on my roof rack in the flood pattern that are pretty bright. My friend has 3 Vision X Evo Prime double stacks on his FJ that are crazy bright. IMO the Vision X are not worth the extra money. I don't see that much of a difference in the RI and Vision products except price. Thats just my 2 cents.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i have vision-x and they are bad ass i believe them to be the best made most durable out of them all.

with that being said i'm not sure they are really any better than the rigids to be completely honest i bought them because they where considered the best and so far i have been happy with their performance. i also feel that i could have done just as well and probably saved some coin by going with another brand.

trs is getting ready to launch led bars that ring in even cheaper than the rigid brand bars and they look pretty sweet and imo absolutely worth checking out