Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Internal Lighting in switches

Old 05-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
RSTEVEN is on a distinguished road
RSTEVEN's Tacoma Gallery
Internal Lighting in switches

I have a 1999 Tacoma 4x4 TRD that I just purchased last month.
Notice the ECT and Diff Lock switches are back lighted.
My Hazard light switch does not illuminate at all.

Looking in my Hayes Manual electrical shows a light in the switch.

My question is what is the replacement bulb and any ideas on changing it.

While I was replacing the back lighting on the temperature control panel notice that the AC switch looked like it had a small round "cap" that might be a lamp?

Any ideas ??
Old 05-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
While I personally don't know the answer to your question, I've relayed it to someone who might. He should be on tomorrow sometime.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #3
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
i think the 1st gens buttons are the same as the 2nd gens....they have a really small bulb in each button for lights...
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
RSTEVEN is on a distinguished road
RSTEVEN's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled the dash apart and got to the Hazard Switch ... was able to remove the internal backlighting light bulb .. was in a gray round base.

The bulb is a miniture grain of wheat bulb ... Toyota Listed it as 14v .91 watts
was able to find a #2182 lamp ( wire terminal base T1 3/4 ) that worked.

The little gray lamp holder has two holes in the bottom in which the lamp wires go through, then up and over the base. Just take your time when you remove the old lamp and see how the wire leads are routed.

Up and working now .....