Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2nd Gen Headlight Removal, pics

Old 05-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #141
YoungGunz23 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungGunz23 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungGunz23 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungGunz23 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungGunz23 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Caleb
YoungGunz23's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Great Man!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #142
Outdoor Extremist
Moremgd32 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brennan
Moremgd32's Tacoma Gallery
this should get sticky'd. help me out in a time of despiration. could not for the life of me find the last bolt while attempting to do the BHLM. thanks!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #143
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moremgd32 View Post
this should get sticky'd. help me out in a time of despiration. could not for the life of me find the last bolt while attempting to do the BHLM. thanks!

Glad to hear that it helped you out
Old 11-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #144
SlvrDCTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
SlvrDCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i Just left mine out because i didn't feel like fooling with them, the lights hold tight without them
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #145
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
I just grabbed some headlights off an 09 at work today, both of which have multiple mounting tabs broken off. I'm going to pop them open and use the chrome frame in them and paint them black, and also going to use the clear lenses on them since they look immaculate and mine look like hell

Still undecided on what I want to do with the amber lens inside it though; leave it or toss it...

Using the second set of lights method though because I can have the frames painted by the weekend, then on Saturday or Sunday all I have to do is pull my lights off, break them down, put the black frames in, put them back together, and then reinstall, AND I don't have to sweat accidentally busting the lights on my first try and being screwed
Old 12-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #146
fallon is on a distinguished road
fallon's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea where the funky black pin goes? It's the middle of the 3. I got everything back together but was left with this piece left over.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #147
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
It's the center part of one of the things below it.
There are 4 on your truck... two that attach the grille to the headlight housings, and two that attach the plastic trim pieces under the headlights to the housings... you can see them when you remove the grille.

That's it... 4 plastic clips and 10 bolts.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #148
fallon is on a distinguished road
fallon's Tacoma Gallery
That was my first thought, but it's not. It has a slotted head, and the others don't, as well as being shaped a bit differently.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #149
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I would've said the same thing as Rich. So ya got me..
FWIW, I have a huge jar from all of the extra bolts, clips, pins, nuts and whatever else from my years of working on my own vehicles. The cars and trucks have never fallen apart. I think you'll be ok without it
Old 05-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #150
exwrx is on a distinguished road
exwrx's Tacoma Gallery
this thread was helpful today for me thanks!
Old 08-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #151
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, removing the front bumper is a must to take off the headlight on my 2013.

The 3rd leg on that headlight is a SOB to put in and remove.
it scratched my headlight and the corner of my fender during removal process
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #152
geogecko has a spectacular aura aboutgeogecko has a spectacular aura aboutgeogecko has a spectacular aura about
geogecko's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the write up, helped me out when installing projectors in my housings. While the hidden bolt is hard to get to, it's not too bad to get out, once you know it's there, and what size it is, LOL.

I lost my 1/4" 10mm socket, but thankfully had a stubby 10mm ratcheting end wrench that worked out okay.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #153
Tacoma *****
clintrob is on a distinguished road
Name: Clint
clintrob's Tacoma Gallery
I followed your instructions and replaced my headlights today. Thanks for the pics, they definitely helped. Those bottom bolts were a pain!
Old 07-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #154
Longhorn.
goofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to allgoofyboy is a name known to all

goofyboy's Tacoma Gallery
How long is that bottom bolt? I think I was on it, but it didn't seem to move.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #155
LowHangingFuries is a jewel in the roughLowHangingFuries is a jewel in the roughLowHangingFuries is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dustin
LowHangingFuries's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyboy View Post
How long is that bottom bolt? I think I was on it, but it didn't seem to move.

You will feel the end of a screw right under it. But it's as long as the too bolts that hold the top of the headlight in. It's a 10mm.