Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Light wiring for truck cap (camper top)

Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Corn is on a distinguished road

Corn's Tacoma Gallery
Light wiring for truck cap (camper top)

My 2000 Tacoma has a blue wire and a white wire (neutral) exposed near the rear tail light, and routed to inside the bed liner for easy access. My camper top, or bed cap, has a dome light with a black wire and a black/red striped wire. The tail light has a red wire and a black wire.

Could someone help me in figuring out how to connect the bed cap upper tail light to function with truck brake lights.

I'm pretty sure the blue and white wires were used previously to hook up bed cap light.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Tap into the truck's brake light wires. I'd use a quick disconnect type connector in there somewhere so the shell can be removed if you ever want to.