Notices

LED Bed Lighting Question

Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
tomcat91783 is on a distinguished road
Army: 40th ID (M) Support Group
Name: Thomas
tomcat91783's Tacoma Gallery
LED Bed Lighting Question

I need help; I want to install LED bed lights with the switch placed in one of the empty slots on the left hand side of the steering wheel. I already bought the LED strips and Rocker Switch, I just need to know where and how to connect it to from the trucks power source > switch > LED's. If anyone knows of a link or can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I would post the link, but I'm on my phone. Check my build for the link to how I did mine. Done exactly the way you want with a diagram that I drew out
Old 06-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Thanks alot Bro, this is what exactly I was looking for
Old 06-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I would post the link, but I'm on my phone. Check my build for the link to how I did mine. Done exactly the way you want with a diagram that I drew out
I saw the diagram and BTW I'm completely new at electrical stuff; when you indicated that you grounded the LED strips onto the frame and Rocker Switch for illumination. What does that mean and what did you do?
Old 06-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
See Step 17 and 18 of my DIY. Grounding the lights to the chassis completes the electric circuit because the negative of your battery is also connected to the chassis so you don't have to run a wire all the way back up to the battery. This allows you to ground basically anywhere metal on the truck that is bolted to the chassis. If you have a lighted switch then you need to run a wire to a ground to complete the circuit for that little light. With a basic lighted switch you shouldn't need to run a separate power source to it. It just draws the current from the original power source you have running to it.