Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Kragen LED/OEM Fog switch

Old 06-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Kragen LED/OEM Fog switch

So I should be getting my Kragen 7" LEDs in the mail soonish. The amp draw on them is 3.5amps per light. I was wondering if anyone knew what whether it was possible to reuse the stock fog switch?

From what I gather the stock fogs use roughly 7.5amps with a max limit of 10amps on that switch.

I'm thinking I can either splice it into the wiring, or try to find a harness that will mate with the OEM harness and go that route.

Any ideas or am I going to burn my truck to the ground?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
use a relay and the fog wire as a trigger worst case?
This would be a safe route but I believe you'll be fine using the stock switch. I've got a stock switch wired to a pair of PIAA 520's and I believe they draw more than your Kragens will.