Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

You get what you pay for (eBay foglights)

Old 06-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
Trent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Trent's Tacoma Gallery
You get what you pay for (eBay foglights)

In case any of you are on the fence about ordering a cheap set of eBay lights, let this help make your decision.

They leaked almost immediately. I attempted to reseal one of them with no luck. It's hard to see in the second picture, but the "chrome" on the reflector bowl is ruined.

These lights are less that 3 months old.

Never again.

On a related note, anyone got some genuine OEM fogs they want to sell?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
how much did you pay?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
install some Piaa in there if you can't find oem fogs
Old 06-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Trent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Trent's Tacoma Gallery
$77 for the kit that comes with the wiring harness and the switch that doesn't fit the factory hole.

My truck came prewired for fogs, and I wanted a clean oem install, so I bought an oem switch and an oem relay separately. Didn't even use the crap from the kit.

I'm pretty disgusted with the turnout for the money I spent on this.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
Chris135 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Chris135's Tacoma Gallery
That's rough, I thought the eBay ones were a good deal. That's why I haven't even bothered trying to sell my oem fog lights I replaced when I bought my all pro bumper. Shoot me a pm if you're in the market for am oem set.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Waiting to see...
Skycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud ofSkycam3 has much to be proud of

Army: 11B2PB4
Name: Tony
Skycam3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent View Post
$77 for the kit that comes with the wiring harness and the switch that doesn't fit the factory hole.

My truck came prewired for fogs, and I wanted a clean oem install, so I bought an oem switch and an oem relay separately. Didn't even use the crap from the kit.

I'm pretty disgusted with the turnout for the money I spent on this.

You might try some Hella micro DE lights. I mounted a pair in my wife's Accord and they work good. I did the HID mod on them and the cutoff line is sharp. Just stick with the 35 watts and you will be happy.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
cameron172 will become famous soon enough

Navy: Student Naval Aviator
Name: Cameron
cameron172's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris135 View Post
That's rough, I thought the eBay ones were a good deal. That's why I haven't even bothered trying to sell my oem fog lights I replaced when I bought my all pro bumper. Shoot me a pm if you're in the market for am oem set.
PM sent.