1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Halo question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 09toyotacoma, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Jun 11, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    09toyotacoma

09toyotacoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NY
    Vehicle:
    09 4cyl 5spd 4x4 access cab
    I hope I'm not repeating something that's already posted but I've been trying to search for this and can't find anything. I was wondering if there is a way to change the color of the halos on the black ebay lights like this pair http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-11-TOYOT...fits=Model:Tacoma&hash=item2c65f3e97a&vxp=mtr. Also is there a thread on adding halos to the foglights? Or are their halo foglights out there? Thanks for any help.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jun 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    Truck Norris Silver Unicornimus Prime
    2008 Tacoma DCLB 4X4 SR5 -Pelfreybilt Steel front single-hoop bumper (12+ conversion) -Baja Designs Squadrons -Baja Designs S8 20” -KM FABRICATION custom 1/4" steel bumper mounts -Warn ZEON Platinum 12,000lb Winch -Pelfreybilt Rear HI-Clearance bumper with swingout -NATO can carrier -Folding Aluminum table -RIGID SRQ reverse lights -Full Pelfreybilt skids -ARB air compressor under the hood -Custom CO2 Setup -KMFAB Custom ext brake line brackets -KMFAB Bedrack -Camping Lab MANSION RTT -ARB Touring 6' Awning -Litra Torch camping light -CTC Bed Cap, color matched -Toyota OEM bedmat -KMFAB bed reinforcement -Pelfreybilt Sliders -BAMF Bed corner tie down brackets -Custom chopped front fenders -OTTRAW switches -King Ext Travel front CO's -King 700# coils -Total Chaos Uni-ball UCA's -Sway-A-Way 2.0 rear ext travel shocks -OME Dakar HD pack with extra AAL -35" Falken MT01s -16" SCS SR8's in Black -Kustom 54 Retrofits -Smoked Tails -Airflow Snorkel -Cobra 29LX CB with PA and the fixins' -KMFAB CB antenna mounts -Pioneer in dash DVD with Nav -Weathertech mats
    I have those headlights, you will need new bulbs for the projectors or get the HID KIT like I am doing.

3. Jun 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM
    09toyotacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NY
    Vehicle:
    I have the HID kit. I want to change the halo color to red if it is possible, not sure if it is.

4. Jun 11, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma DCLB 4X4 SR5 -Pelfreybilt Steel front single-hoop bumper (12+ conversion) -Baja Designs Squadrons -Baja Designs S8 20” -KM FABRICATION custom 1/4" steel bumper mounts -Warn ZEON Platinum 12,000lb Winch -Pelfreybilt Rear HI-Clearance bumper with swingout -NATO can carrier -Folding Aluminum table -RIGID SRQ reverse lights -Full Pelfreybilt skids -ARB air compressor under the hood -Custom CO2 Setup -KMFAB Custom ext brake line brackets -KMFAB Bedrack -Camping Lab MANSION RTT -ARB Touring 6' Awning -Litra Torch camping light -CTC Bed Cap, color matched -Toyota OEM bedmat -KMFAB bed reinforcement -Pelfreybilt Sliders -BAMF Bed corner tie down brackets -Custom chopped front fenders -OTTRAW switches -King Ext Travel front CO's -King 700# coils -Total Chaos Uni-ball UCA's -Sway-A-Way 2.0 rear ext travel shocks -OME Dakar HD pack with extra AAL -35" Falken MT01s -16" SCS SR8's in Black -Kustom 54 Retrofits -Smoked Tails -Airflow Snorkel -Cobra 29LX CB with PA and the fixins' -KMFAB CB antenna mounts -Pioneer in dash DVD with Nav -Weathertech mats
    You want to change the LED's? or the color of the healights?

5. Jun 11, 2012 at 8:37 PM
    09toyotacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NY
    Vehicle:
    The color of the halo rings around the headlight beam. I wasn't sure if there was a light inside the halo that can be changed and was wondering if someone had taken the light apart before

6. Jun 11, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Are the halos controlled by a on/off switch? If not and you go red, better watch out for the cops.

7. Jun 11, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    It wouldnt be too difficult to change them to red and yes if you connect the HALOs to the running light then you could turn them off. I rigged mine up to have the low beam/high beam/LEDs on all a the same time.

8. Jun 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    and you can use a sweet missile switch like me.

9. Jun 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    09toyotacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NY
    Vehicle:
    I would put the halos, leds, and hopefully foglight halos (if i can figure out how to do) that all on one switch so i could just have red on when parked. Do the halos have a bulb behind them or under them that can be changed?

10. Jun 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    Yes, they have a bulb behind them.

11. Jun 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    YoungGunz23

YoungGunz23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Monroe Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    3" fabtech lift 33" federals

YES!!!! Make sure to seal them well before putting them back on your taco. I've read over and over on reviews of these heads fogging up bad when pulled apart, but if you seal them right and maybe even put a little silicone around the outside edges of the lens and the housing you should be alrite. Good Luck Man!:D

12. Jul 1, 2012 at 2:08 PM
    IronPig

IronPig Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    Toytech Ultimate Lift Kit, LR UCA's, T3 eyelids, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, FN Type X wheels, Debadged, Homer Taco Raptor Grill and lower valance grill, painted lower valance, blacked out skid plate, Flyze Eye interior light, LED interior lights, EZ down tailgate
    I would not put in red Halos if I were you. Sure they look cool, but the Police would be on you in a heartbeat. Red facing to the front is totally illegal and you WILL get a ticket for it. Not just a ticket, but they will make you take off the red and prove to them that you took it off (a fix-it ticket). Red stands out and a cop will see you before you see them!:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top