Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Issues With 9005 Bulbs In OEM Fogs?

Old 06-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Issues With 9005 Bulbs In OEM Fogs?

Thinking about running 9005 bulbs in the OEM fogs. I'm wondering if anyone has done this? I know the plug is the same as the h10 bulbs. Searched around, didn't find anything. My bad if this is a repeat.

Any help would be great.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
i just put 9005's in my fogs a few days ago, they fit fine. ive only drove for about 2 hours with them though. im going to keep an eye on the wire plug, housing and lense for any melting because they are 60 watt high beam bulbs. wallymart had the ge nighthawk bulbs on clearence so i tried them along with my low beam bulbs, it made a notice able differance, nothing major
Old 06-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
i just put 9005's in my fogs a few days ago, they fit fine. ive only drove for about 2 hours with them though. im going to keep an eye on the wire plug, housing and lense for any melting because they are 60 watt high beam bulbs. wallymart had the ge nighthawk bulbs on clearence so i tried them along with my low beam bulbs, it made a notice able differance, nothing major
Right on. That sounds good. Thanks man.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
no prob. i was hoping somebody would chime in about any melting or issues due to the higher wattage in the housing
Old 06-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
no prob. i was hoping somebody would chime in about any melting or issues due to the higher wattage in the housing
Me too. Guess we'll see.