Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

offroad lights don't fit

Old 12-31-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
offroad lights don't fit

I ordered some offroad lights for my bull bar but they don't fit. Does anyone know where i can get some sort of blue lights with a chrome housing that will fit on my bull bar?
Thanks
Old 12-31-2008, 08:00 AM   #2
Motorshooter
Motorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: IC2 SS
Motorshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Blue lights

Are you a law enforcement officer?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
i want a blue tinted light somewhat like these

offrd driving, round
Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
if you cant find any with a blue tint that are 6 inches or smaller........get a regular set of lights...like piaa or hella and get some blue tint film from lamin-x!! probably bout the easiest thing to do.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremejrowe View Post
dont see why those shouldnt fit? is it close? for my KC's I just drilled my hole for my lights further forward, they stuck out a bit more but i had plenty of room to fit them then... and i just tilted them further up.... so yea, try that
on a bull bar man.....they aint gonna even come close!! even drilling a new hole wont help.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:34 PM   #11
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Get a BFH
That should fix it.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #12

Quote:
my bull bar fit my 6 inch lights fine with a new hole, man
yeah..........6 inch lights will fit fine.................but he got 8 inch lights........those aint gonna work!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my bull bar fit my 6 inch lights fine with a new hole, man
Can you get me some pics? I have 6" lights that are not wanting to fit properly. To get them installed they want to point down and I'm sure thats not gonna do much good when I need them. They also want to do a lot of moving. Any suggestions on how to get them to fit?

I literally just took these photos and was about to start my own thread.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Can you get me some pics? I have 6" lights that are not wanting to fit properly. To get them installed they want to point down and I'm sure thats not gonna do much good when I need them. They also want to do a lot of moving. Any suggestions on how to get them to fit?

I literally just took these photos and was about to start my own thread.
Alex..............you may be able to get those to work, but you will have to work on the bases of the lights to do so.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #16
jeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeremy_283's Tacoma Gallery
I had to use one of those drive shaft type sockets to be able to wedge a socket in there and tighten my bolts, but it worked, mine wiggle, but i dont think they move really...

i moved mine a little forward and to the side cause i needed my front plate to be visible........

is this a good enough description??? i had my bullbar off my truck too when i drilled the holes, might need a center punch to get the hole started......

you see what it did though? moved the lights farther forward but allowed for clearance? make sure your lights will tilt far enough up before you start drilling

Old 01-01-2009, 03:50 PM   #19
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had to use one of those drive shaft type sockets to be able to wedge a socket in there and tighten my bolts, but it worked, mine wiggle, but i dont think they move really...

i moved mine a little forward and to the side cause i needed my front plate to be visible........

is this a good enough description??? i had my bullbar off my truck too when i drilled the holes, might need a center punch to get the hole started......

you see what it did though? moved the lights farther forward but allowed for clearance? make sure your lights will tilt far enough up before you start drilling

Quote:
looks like yours might fit if you just move the hole inward..... you might need to open up the hole underneath to get a socket to fit too.... it just looks like your lights are rubbing on the bend arent they? and since u dont have a front plate you should be good
Quote:
just another reply,, lol.... whats under that rubber washer? if that wasnt there the would fit then wouldnt they?
I think the rubber washer is to absorb vibrations or something while driving. The lights came with two of those on top of another metal piece. Perhaps getting rid of the rubber piece would help the fit issues.

The lights want to move a good bit, no matter how tight I make them. The lights basically have a bolt on the bottom that goes into the bullbar and then attaches inside the bulblr to a nut. The bolt in the actual light is not secured so the light shakes back and forth. If I shake my bullbar the lights go cross eyed. Not very good for when your driving in the woods.

I'm gonna try without the rubber peice Tommorow morning and see how that works. I'm also planning on getting a CB antenna and doing the DTRL mod as well so I'm gonna have a busy day.