Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

my piaas shaking bad ,while driving

Old 06-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Tylers dream is on a distinguished road
Name: Bruce
Tylers dream's Tacoma Gallery
Question my piaas shaking bad ,while driving

Ok folks here is the deal ,i bought some piaa extrême lights to put on my baja style Bull
Bar .but once on and running down the rd ,they shake pretty violently .
So my fix was to fabricate à better mount . So i fabbed one out of 2" by 1/4" thick allumniun plate. N powder coated it, thinking that the stiffer material would be better. Still shakes!!!!! >. So next step was to take à rubber bushing of an new air cond compresser mount n put it under the actual light mount ,its even worse .!!!!!!! Talk about agrivated, i know my Bull bar has à lil shake , but not while im idiling!!!!! .im.really disapionted ,i want to have whole bar line x' n wanna get this problem addressed before i line x bolts etc....
Any advise is appréciated .Thanks in advance Bruce Arnold
Attached Thumbnails
my piaas shaking bad ,while driving-light-forum.jpg  
Old 06-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Subbed for outcome.....very interesting.

Just curious, what's it gunna cost to have the bar linex'd?
curious as well.

got some pics OP?
Old 06-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
$80.00

Only thing i can think of is à hard rubber pad at back of bar there plate bolts on
Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #5
I Thought about that but.... Im running nitto trail grapplers n dont want excessive wear these jokers Aint cheap
Old 06-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Can you take pics of the bull bar they're mounted to and how the bull bar attaches to the truck? Those wider 'baja style' bull bars, if it's what I'm thinking of, only attach in the middle of the truck but the bar extends to almost the sides of the truck meaning you have a lot of weight to try and hold steady.

Mine used to shake on my old grille guard but with my new NFab bar, I've got 4 PIAA's and they don't move a bit. With the addition of some steel, I was able to minimize the shaking on the old grille guard also.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:11 AM   #7
Im gonna post à pic , the bolts use one Bolt per side straight into im assuming à bolt insert made into the stainless tubing

Whats à chalk test ,link??? Maybe i am running over,
Thanks à bunch for the replies, keep them coming , its so agravating its like these jokers are on strobe very annoying
Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #8
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylers dream View Post
Im gonna post à pic , the bolts use one Bolt per side straight into im assuming à bolt insert made into the stainless tubing

Whats à chalk test ,link??? Maybe i am running over,
Thanks à bunch for the replies, keep them coming , its so agravating its like these jokers are on strobe very annoying
One bolt per side? That might just be a starting point. I wouldn't think that would be enough to hold the bar steady.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #9
thumper53 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Master Chief Electronics Tech 22 1/2 years of service
Name: Dale
thumper53's Tacoma Gallery
I have Westin Bull Bar with 6" PIAA Fogs, had the same problem. Went to Lowe's and bought some large rubber stoppers (Hardware Dept in the slider drawers), I think they were size 8, very tight fit, i pulled the bull bar forward enough on each side to slide them in, there is enough tension to keep them in place, my lights do not vibrate any more unless I am running over train tracks. Size 8 worked for my application, you may have to go up or down a size.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Those bull bars are just end mounted with one bolt. There's not a lot you can do about it other than get a strong bolt and torque it down really tight (be careful not to strip anything in the process).
Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 AM   #11
Thanks thumper , i put 2 #8 rubber stoppers behind bar ti bumper n one under the light bar mount bracelet to Bull bar shaking gone finally
Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #12
I appreciate all yals help

Products Discussed in this Thread