1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

10" and 20" Comparsion

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by PSJ, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Jun 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    PSJ

PSJ [OP] Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    My light needs are simple, and all I had planned on buying were 2 100 watt off road lights with a "driving pattern". Thats all I was looking for. Then I started to look at HID's, LED light bars, etc. So my question is, does say 10" RI light bar compare to two 100w lights up front output wise, or? How would you compare the output with the 10" and 20" lightbars with "traditional off road lights"? I know the larger light bars can have multiple light patterns built it, but just a rough idea with the output comparsions would help. Thanks guys for you feedback

2. Jun 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    Darthyota

Darthyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Blown BSP X-Runner
    TRD s/c @ 9lbs, Unobtanium Welding 321SS Full Race Exhaust, B&M s/s, TRD 1st Gen CAI, sittin sic track ready drop, TSW Tanka's with 275/40/18's all the way around, 4300k hid's in headlights and fogs, with more to come
    i have a 20" vision x evo prime bar on my 4runner and it puts my 55watt hid headlights to shame both in spread and distance

3. Jun 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    Trifenix

Trifenix Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    99 LT 5 lug Taco
    Cannot compare output of leds to hids. Bang for your buck would be hid converted lights. In general hids for distance and leds for close range. Best to use both. Use what suites your needs.

4. Jun 26, 2012 at 5:26 AM
    PSJ

PSJ [OP] Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    This seems to be the to go, plenty of hid conversion info here thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top