Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

10" and 20" Comparsion

Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
10" and 20" Comparsion

My light needs are simple, and all I had planned on buying were 2 100 watt off road lights with a "driving pattern". Thats all I was looking for. Then I started to look at HID's, LED light bars, etc. So my question is, does say 10" RI light bar compare to two 100w lights up front output wise, or? How would you compare the output with the 10" and 20" lightbars with "traditional off road lights"? I know the larger light bars can have multiple light patterns built it, but just a rough idea with the output comparsions would help. Thanks guys for you feedback
Old 06-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 20" vision x evo prime bar on my 4runner and it puts my 55watt hid headlights to shame both in spread and distance
Old 06-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Cannot compare output of leds to hids. Bang for your buck would be hid converted lights. In general hids for distance and leds for close range. Best to use both. Use what suites your needs.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #4
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Cannot compare output of leds to hids. Bang for your buck would be hid converted lights. In general hids for distance and leds for close range. Best to use both. Use what suites your needs.
This seems to be the to go, plenty of hid conversion info here thanks