LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Retrofit confusion, need some advice

Old 06-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
Retrofit confusion, need some advice

So I'm a total newb to HID and Retrofit stuff. I've read a ton of threads concerning this so far and am still a little confused. So I'm looking for some advice.

So far from what I've read for Retrofit is that the BI-XENON MORIMOTO MINI STAGE III KIT (H1) is the best choice. Is this correct?

Going off of TRS website there are a lot of different options for this kit. So I'll ask some of my questions based off of the list.

Adapter Plate: First off, what is it? I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the threads I've read so far, maybe I missed it. Which one would be a good choice?

Ballast: There's only one choice on ballasts for this kit so I guess I'll leave this alone.

Bulb: I want to go with 5000k for the color but which one do you recommend? The Morimoto OR the XB35?

Halo: What is it? Should I get it?

I understand the shroud, that's pretty simple as it seems it's just a cosmetic choice.

Harness: For this kit I just need the H4/9003 one correct?

I'm going for this cosmetic look
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...012-build.html

But I also want reliability so I don't have to change bulbs all the time.

Am I on the right track? Do you guys have any recommendations? Are there any write up threads that you know of that may answer my questions?

Thanks for any advice and I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I've searched and read like 20 different threads and am still confused for some reason.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
hey jacob,

Harness: 9003/H4 harness

Ballast: 3(five) will suffice.. however if you want to squeeze out a bit more juice, 5(five)

Halo: It's also called Angel Eyes... its the round light you normally would see on a BMW.

Mini H1s are a good set of projectors. Requires minimal work and quite simple to install. Other bigger projectors will require more work to retrofit.

As far as being on the right track to upgrade your lights, you are on the right track. Having a properly retrofitted projector will allow you to put brighter bulbs without blinding others with a regular drop-in HID kit. I recommend not going any higher than 5000k bulbs.. the higher you go, the bluer it will get and isn't friendly for your eyes. Also, it doesn't get brighter.....

-AnT
Old 06-26-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm just gonna have you do mine. Better safe than sorry haha. PM sent.