1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Smashed Tail Light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by sfhunter, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Jul 5, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    sfhunter

sfhunter [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Well, looks like some ass decided to back into my truck while I was eating at the Olive Garden and didn't even have the respect to leave a not with info. I'm telling you these South Florida people have no idea how to drive and have absolutely no respect for others hard earned belongings. Since I bought my truck in Oct 2011 been hit 5 times while I was in the store, hospital or restaurant. Luckily I have a bull guard and my front hasn't been damaged, but I do have their paint colors still on it haha.

Well, enough rambling. Looks like I'm going to have to replace it since its pretty much crushed. My question is that they were stock tail lights and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation about where to go online to get another stock one. I've cruised the internet and seen a bunch of them but not sure which ones are good stock and which ones are crap? Also, would it be smart to replace both at same time or would one be OK? And should I just upgrade from stock since I have to replace, what would you recommend?

Reason I am asking is because I am not mechanically inclined, but I want to learn. Ask my anything about guns and where to get the best deals for quality, but when it comes to cars or trucks I have no idea and am learning from y'all.

Thanks!

2. Jul 9, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    sfhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    I guess since there is zero input I'll just give the Toyota parts department to see what they charge for a single taillight

3. Jul 17, 2012 at 5:57 AM
    sfhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
  4. Jul 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    YotaMan2007

YotaMan2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    where my boots and ruck lay
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 2wd
    K&N Drop-in airfilter, secondary airfilter removed, Satoshi Mod, Kenwood Stereo System, Gibson catback system , Painted Steelies, Offroad Lights, Fatbob's spacer lift
    i have the red/clear option. i love them, plus they are much brighter than the stock bulbs. two thumbs up imo

To Top