Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Off Road Light Suggestion!!!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
REPINS is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: S.W.A.T.
REPINS's Tacoma Gallery
Off Road Light Suggestion!!!!!

I have spent 5 days trying to figure out what lights to get for my truck. I don't know much about lights, and in the past just put cheapo lights where I needed them. For my new truck I want quality, good running lights for the area of the truck I am trying to light up. So I would like to hear any of your suggestions. I don't know what is good and what is crap for the money. I am really looking at the Hella 4" and 7' HID lights. Any feedback would be appreciated. Oh before you comment YES I love to light up the area im in, when needed. PLUS it looks really cool. I only have a buget of around $1500.00 to do this so Pro Rallye lights are out of the question.
Below is the list of areas I would like to put the lights.

2 fog lights on winchbumper
2 Driving lights on winch bumper
4 off road lights on campershell rack/basket
1 flood light each side of campershell rack/basket
1 to 2 back up lights on campershell rack/basket
Old 07-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
LightForce

^ after you replace the competition's glass lens a few times...
you'll come to appreciate less money spent owning the LF's
Old 07-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Kragen HIDs will give you a lot more bang for your buck then hella HIDs.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
'Murrica!
AK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
AK Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
LightForce

x2 theyre a little bulky but they really do throw out a ton of light!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Do you want HID, LED or halogen?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
LightForce

Bulky, yes. But the throw of light that they put out is insane. Wil at Sierra Expeditions told me that each light is like 4 million candlepower. I can put a beam on a mountain at a 3 mile range with only 2 of the Genesis. Can't wait to try the combo filters to see what the spread is like with that kind of power.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4 View Post
I'm running Hella 700's that I converted with 10k hids and love them. They are really bright..
I gotta ask... why would you select 10k HIDs on purpose?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Hella 700s with DDM HID conversion. Cheap and easy, and so far, pretty damn reliable
Old 07-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #10
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Id suggest Kragen HIDs for throw and made in China generic LED lightbars for flood. Best bang for buck if you have a tight budget. The generic China LEDs are of a lower bin quality so lose about 20% lumen output over something like Rigid or Bajadesign... but they cost 1/3 the price. You can have 2 7" Kragen, 2 4" Kragen, a 10" lightbar, dually clones for reverse and 4" bars on the sides for the sides and still easily be within budget.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
Banned
Hii will become famous soon enough
Hii's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevL View Post
Id suggest Kragen HIDs for throw and made in China generic LED lightbars for flood. Best bang for buck if you have a tight budget. The generic China LEDs are of a lower bin quality so lose about 20% lumen output over something like Rigid or Bajadesign... but they cost 1/3 the price. You can have 2 7" Kragen, 2 4" Kragen, a 10" lightbar, dually clones for reverse and 4" bars on the sides for the sides and still easily be within budget.
You are aware Rigid and BajaDesign are made in china right?
They're just assembled in America
Old 07-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hii View Post
You are aware Rigid and BajaDesign are made in china right?
They're just assembled in America
Yes and they use Cree LEDs, but they use higher bin LEDs and do put out 20% more light because of this. The generic China LED bars do not use the best LEDs to save money. I mean does anyone really care that much if their LED flood does 45 yards instead of 50 yards? Most people do not.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Need bling factor! Also fit and finish is nicer but not sure if still worth the cost.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
http://visionxsuperstore.com/
Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like my kragen HIDs