LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Best place to pull power for interior LED's

Old 07-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Best place to pull power for interior LED's

I was looking at the fuse box today - in my 2012 Taco - planing an interior lighting job and here is what i see.

I pulled a fuse and it is not anything like I have ever seen before. It's not a Mini - the holes are too small to accomodate even a mini fuse. WTH are these new fuses and BTW - they are a NIGHTMARE to get out.

*** UPDATE *** they are LOW PROFILE Minis - or so it seems : http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post3777072

BTW - WHAT's in the empty slots? Anyone know?

Assuming I go with the tried & true Add a Circuit what is the 'best' fuse to tap into for interior cabin LED's
I plan on having them switched but would like them to be 'on' when the interior dome lights come on.
One of the things that frustrates me with the truck is that i cannot see the ignition keyhole - it's a pain in the ass - in the dark - unless I turn on my map light - I want to place a directional LED that will illuminate the key section along with cup holder lights, under seat lighting and passenger firewall lights - under the glove box (all LED).

Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Thx
R

So