1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Driving Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by medicwithtattoos, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Jan 4, 2009 at 3:19 PM
    medicwithtattoos

medicwithtattoos [OP] Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD
    Bull Bar, Running Boards, Off Road Lights, Lights, Brake Light Strip, Tonneau Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Intake, K&N filter, Flow Master Dual Exhaust, Bed Extender, Metal Control Pedals, Goliath Black / Polished Rims, Coppers 265/60/R18
    I was wondering if anyone knew or if it is even possible to make the driving lights on a 2007 Taco come on with the parking lights, instead of only with the head lights. Thanks for any input on this matter.

2. Jan 4, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
  3. Jan 4, 2009 at 5:21 PM
    medicwithtattoos

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD
    Bull Bar, Running Boards, Off Road Lights, Lights, Brake Light Strip, Tonneau Cover, Tinted Windows, Cold Air Intake, K&N filter, Flow Master Dual Exhaust, Bed Extender, Metal Control Pedals, Goliath Black / Polished Rims, Coppers 265/60/R18
    Thank you - I will have to try this, sorry for calling them driving lights. I have always considered driving lights to be white and fog lights to be yellow.

4. Jan 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    Ridingontrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Your welcome,:) lol..I always thought yellow were fogs too.:D Was that what you were looking for?

5. Jan 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    medicwithtattoos

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD
    Yes, that was what I wanted, I just hate always having to run the head lights when I want to be seen. I did recently add a pair of off road lights off of my bull bar. When I wired them I spliced off the parking lights to activate the relay, of course with a swith in the wire ;), but they can be blinding, so would rather use the lower ones, instead of the off road lights. Again thank you for your help and will let you know if this project works. Was is the worse thing that can happen - get a 2009 Toca, after the fire, LOL.

6. Jan 4, 2009 at 7:28 PM
    Ridingontrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    :laugh: Dude,lol Might i suggest disconnecting the battery first?:D

7. Jan 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM
    medicwithtattoos

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD
    Good point, thanks :eek:

8. Jan 6, 2009 at 10:38 AM
    medicwithtattoos

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD
    WELL IT IS DONE - and might I add was easy and worked like a charm. They now come on with the parking lights and stay on even with the high beam on. I know this is not a big deal, but I found living in New England with our snow storms it is better to have on lower lights then your headlights, to help prevent snow blindness. The best part of this all is the switch still controls them as well, so you do not need to have them on if you do not want. I would recommend this to anyone!!!! Thank you all for your help on this matter.

Products Discussed in

To Top