Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Rigid Industries Duallys Mounted Above Valance

Old 07-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
808 Zombie Outbreak Tactical Response Team K9 Unit
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

Name: Sean
DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Rigid Industries Duallys Mounted Above Valance

So when I bought my tacoma, I had Rigid industries Duallys (1,300 Lumens) lying around. I don't have enough money for a lightbar and I don't want to drill any holes in my new truck so I set out in finding existing holes that I could use to mount my Duallys.

I found 2 forward facing holes that would kind of work. At a glance the lights looked like they're being partially blocked by the bumper, but at night, I can't even tell of any obstructions.

I used an extra long bolt, some washers, and a few extra nuts to bring the light closer to the bumper to lessen the effects of the bumper blocking light.

I'm happy with it and the light output is just what I wanted. They Duallys can't compare to my 55w 5000k HIDs headlights, and 35w 6000k HID fogs, but they are a nice addition.

Enjoy!

Edited: 12/12/12
Then decided to try this way to raise up the lights a little bit... and it worked!!!
post #39 explains what I did. <--- Clickable

Old 07-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Punkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of lightPunkindrublic is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Ryan
Punkindrublic's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. Got any night pics? I love the 2 Duallys I have.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
good idea!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
cr8vlu is on a distinguished road
cr8vlu's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Just bought those adv monster 60 from the group buy. Looking for a place to mount them and just might use those locations. How did you wire them in?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
while you were under there, did you happen to take notice if another set could be installed right next to it or no? I am looking at putting 2 pair in the lower grill.

also are these the spots or floods? notice a difference at night when heads/fogs/LED's are on?
Old 07-19-2012, 03:24 AM   #8
DJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to allDJSPEC is a name known to all

DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
these are the spot ones. with my 4 HIDs on, the duallys add a little more light right infront of the truck. so it's perfect in heavy rains.

You could put 2, but there is only one hole so you would need to make some kind of bracket.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #10
ssmith29440 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
ssmith29440's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea and a neat installment. I really like the setup and avoids having to install a light bar.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #11

DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
^^^Your 4 HIDs on? You talking about HID Heads and fogs?

EDIT: Of course you are...
Haha yup headlights and fogs
Old 07-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #12
LEGITacoma is on a distinguished road
LEGITacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if these would fit in the stock bottom turn signal spot on 1st gen tacomas. You know of anyone that has done it or ever heard of it?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #13
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGITacoma View Post
I wonder if these would fit in the stock bottom turn signal spot on 1st gen tacomas. You know of anyone that has done it or ever heard of it?
I've considered mounting lights in my valance/bumper because light bars for the 98-00 model are almost non-existent.

Looks good OP!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Can you please post some comparison pictures, I am sersiously considering doing this!
Thanks in advanced.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #15

DJSPEC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGITacoma View Post
i dunno. these lights are 3x3 so you might loose a lot of output. but I'm not saying don't try it give it a shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
I've considered mounting lights in my valance/bumper because light bars for the 98-00 model are almost non-existent.

Looks good OP!
Thanks man! I've always felt the 1st gens don't have enough light considering they dont have stock fog lights. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
Can you please post some comparison pictures, I am sersiously considering doing this!
Thanks in advanced.
I'll post comparison pics once I get my DSLR charged up again. The light output of the duallys (Spot, 1,300lumens) are nothing special though. I really want to get the D2s, but i simply dont have enough money. lol
Old 07-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #16
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
Thanks man! I've always felt the 1st gens don't have enough light considering they dont have stock fog lights. lol
lol
Old 07-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #17
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
I'll post comparison pics once I get my DSLR charged up again. The light output of the duallys (Spot, 1,300lumens) are nothing special though. I really want to get the D2s, but i simply dont have enough money. lol[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
Great job. It will not work on the 2012's though. I tried. The lower grill(whatever the proper name is) is different on the 2012. I think it is narrower, so the hole that you used wouldn't line the dually up with the opening in the grill.

Any one else have any suggestions for a 2012?
Old 08-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #19
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks DJSPEC for the great idea. Used the same holes as you did.

Lights off

Lights on. No night time pics yet so I don't know how the light output is going to be.