LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Mini H1 retro HID issues

Old 07-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Mini H1 retro HID issues

Sorry i have been "mia" for the summer..... summertime = overtime, which also = $$ for my Malibu wakesetter that i will own, eventually...

Anyways, a recent issue with my HID retro has brought me back from the dead. Here is my issue, its pretty simple, one day, both headlights work, next day, both headlights dont work, hi's and low's dont work. My first thought behind this trickery was i had blown a fuse. Please correct me if i am wrong, but the fuse box next to the battery has the headlight fuses, checked them, and everything is good. Boggled by headlights that dont work, darkness due to it being early, and no time to fix or figure it out because i have to go to work, i drove to work with only my foglights (good god, not recommended btw...). At work, i was lucky enough to recieve an email from andrew at trs (thank you, fantastic service btw), he suggested i check the harness fuse, which i had totally forgotten about. Also correct me if i am wrong, only fuse on the harness is on the positive battery line, correct? Checked it, fuse is fine. I am now lost as to where to go next... Anyone have any suggestions on what steps i need to take next? Chasing a gremlin through my wire harness is a pain, if anyone can help, that would be great!

Also guys, keep in mind that the only reason i am here asking for help here, instead of trs is because if i can avoid bugging andrew at trs, who is already busy enough as it is, about something simple i may have missed, than i would do it....

Thanks guys
-Erik
Old 07-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
Please check all connections on the wire harness
X2 check all the wires and connections