Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

MOUNTING LIGHTS BEHIND GRILL?

Old 07-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
TRDsportacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
TRDsportacoma's Tacoma Gallery
MOUNTING LIGHTS BEHIND GRILL?

So im looking to mount lights behind my grill and im sure theres quite a few ways to mount them but id like some suggestions on whats worked best and what didnt work so well. youre input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #2
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
There are some vendors that sell a bracket that mounts to the structure surrounding the radiator which in turn you mount your lights to. These can be relitively expensive for some, however you can fabricate a simple bracket from a few pieces of flat stock, drilling holes to fasten the pieces and provide mounting points for the lights.

Here is a link to a retail version;
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...light-bar.html

This is an example of a bar that you could easily fabricate yourself:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...light-bar.html

Hope this helps
Old 07-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
thanks. yea ive seen quite a few ways to do but i was just curious if there was a better way or a way that is more preferred from other people.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
nobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jonathan
nobody4343's Tacoma Gallery
I just used two pieces of 2 inch angle iron. Drilled holes in them. Mounted em right next to the hood latch. Ran the wires up thru the pastic cover above the radiator to the battery looks really clean
Old 07-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Bamf..........help 1 of our own in the process?
For sure! Good price, great product. I just installed mine a little over a week ago.
Here's the link to the group buy:http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...light-bar.html

Here's a couple pictures, more on my build thread (link above signature).

Old 07-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #6
thanks everybody for the info. i think im going to buy one from BAMF.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsportacoma View Post
You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
Policy Ninja
tango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shedtango down is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
tango down's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsportacoma View Post
i made a homemade one because I was impatient and couldnt wait a few weeks for some Overtime.

I wish I waited. The BAMF is the shit.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
Rich
Dirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rich
Dirty Jersey's Tacoma Gallery
do what I did jeff and install the one you made then swap it out with the BAMF when it comes
Old 08-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
Mlaroche is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
Mlaroche's Tacoma Gallery
what kind of lights did you mount behind your grill can you share a link thanks ))