LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Map Light Conversion Questions

Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Map Light Conversion Questions

Hi all, I was thinking about it the other day and was wondering how easy it is to switch out the map lights. I wanted to install red lights on one of them in case I wanted to turn them on at night and not kill my night vision. Is there an easy way to pop out the light lens and switch it out or has anyone done anything like this?

TL;DR I want to install "tactical lights" in one of my map lights.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: US Army Corps of Engineers - NADENMG
Name: Ron
PhantomVirus's Tacoma Gallery
Yes quite easy to do. Decide if you want a bulb or a LED array. the covers pop off easily and you have full access to the bulb / reflector.

Personally I would try to go with a miniature wedge base LED.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...ini-wedge.html
Old 07-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thank you...Do you happen to know which one I want to order if I want to replace all the bulbs on only one of the map lights?
Old 07-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #6
PhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhantomVirus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you want LED Panels (I like these - you may not) but this is what they look like if you remove the map lights.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
masterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud ofmasterwacker has much to be proud of
Name: Paul
masterwacker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomVirus View Post
If you want LED Panels (I like these - you may not) but this is what they look like if you remove the map lights.

What size did you use for the map light?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
My first gen map light shines in my face at night, the 1st and most hated thing about my truck IMO. How about a map light that shines in your lap and not in your face Toyota??
Old 07-23-2012, 05:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwacker View Post
What size did you use for the map light?

I merely bought the STAGE 2 kit from LEDSOLUTIONs on TW.