Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

How To: Mount 2 Hella 700FF's Behind 2ng Gen grills ONLY $13

Old 07-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
How To: Mount 2 Hella 700FF's Behind 2ng Gen grills ONLY $13

So, i recently aquired 2 hella 700's from a buddy of mine and wanted to mount them behind my grill. It only cost me $13 dollars from Lowes.

I bought a peice of 1/8x2x2" (3ft long, shortest size they had) and cut to 26" long
Went to my friends house to borrow his plasma cutter (don't have to use PC, nut its alot faster)

First i took the grill off and un bolted the 2 A/C condensor mounts here

then remove the guard by the hood latch with 2 10mm bolts.

Next measure and cut out the notch that the angle iron will have to be removed

I used a plasma cutter, but if one isnt available you could use cut-off wheels/ hacksaw (goodluck) or something else.

after all cutting is done drill the holes for the A/C condensor bolts and the bolts for the hellas (keep in mind of the location of the grill mounts (dont ask ) if you want them on the outer sides of the grill mounts, be cautious of the (im guessing trans cooler) on the driver side. this is the reason why i did mine on the inner of the grill mounts. the lights will touch the hose on the trans cooler fyi.

then paint with whatever you want. I had left over high temp paint from my satoshi so i used that.

mounted and painted

then reinstall your grill and wire lights accordingly to your liking and enjoy!

Edit: reason why they are mounted higher than in first pic is because they hang to low if you use a bar like the one pictured first. this way raises them up to revel the full light
Old 07-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting one fo free though as prototype #2 right?

Nice right up! Will have to do this if I ever get lights
Old 07-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
lol ill have to think about that

SIKE! lol
Old 07-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
lol ill have to think about that

SIKE! lol
Old 07-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
however, they are not wired yet, lol waiting to order my carling switches
Old 07-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #6
Tortoise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
however, they are not wired yet, lol waiting to order my carling switches
Get it done!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
probably soon
Old 07-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
got pics of looking through satoshi to see how high the lights are in comparison?
Old 07-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
got pics of looking through satoshi to see how high the lights are in comparison?
lol yeah, seems i missed it
Old 07-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #10
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
ive been looking for a method to mount a bar without hacking away at the truck like most methods use. exactly what i was looking for. thanks!
Old 07-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #11
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
no problem.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
azntha1one is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
azntha1one's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Those look great.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #15
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome idea!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #16
Houston's Swamp Rat

wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gov875 View Post
did you have issues with the hood latch hitting the front of the bar? i'm midway through making it and i'm having to grind down a small section so that it can move freely.

great idea though, saving me a boat load over buying one premade
i bent mine up by hand a tad, since you cant access it anyway with a satoshi, or you can cut that box a little longer