Hello I installed an HID Xenon Kit on my Tacoma 1998
It was a H4 low Xenon bulb with a quartz halagon high beam bulb. 5000K was the color as I wanted it to be simular color to my Sylvania SilverStar bulbs (4300K).
This supplier had good prices and fast delivery.
What I did not like about this kit was
1) Wiring plugs were backward. IE which way wires came out of rubber sealing ring. The HID wires were correct, but the quartz wires where backwards. I pulled on the white wires for high beam and one of them came out of connector in my hand. This was the double wire for common light ground connection going to the 3 terminal connection for plugging into existing headlight plug socket. But I need to fix this anyway. So little work opening other crimp on connectors that plug into existing headlight wiring. Some soldiering and that was done.
2) Mounting of passagerside ballast was easy. Found metric bolt to install in empty welded nut that Toyota gave me on fender just back from aircleaner. Drivers side required me to drill and make my own mounting hole very near RAD support. As I have just to many things on drivers side by battery. Block heater cord,120V Battery blanket, and 120V Electrical receptacle to plug cord ends in.Also I have battery isolated and resetable breakers for trailer feed on fender between battery and fuse box.
3) After disabling DRL took 2 attempts,First attempt remove DRL fuse from engine bay fuse box. Second attempt Finally I unpluged dropping resistor on drivers side between battery and fender.
4) Install lights and did burn in test.
5) Now what I do not like... (Buy biXenon instead of Dual bulb) .... My bulbs have 1 HID Xenon bulb for low beam. Takes upto 4 seconds to get good and bright.But when you switch to high beams Low Beam Xenon bulb goes out and now you have crappy quartz halagon bulb for high beam. My old Sylvania Silverstar bulbs are a lot brighter that high quartz halagon bulb. Now the problems comes when flipping back to lowbeam, Lights take up to 4 seconds to get good and bright..... but when they are finally lite man are they bright.
I think I would buy this BiXenon kit instead.
Then would not have to worry about 4 second bright turn on time, and not have to worry about crappy quartz halagon bulb.As I want to be able to see deer jumping in front of my truck instead of smacking them with my truck.
Quartz Halagon bulb is in a replacable socket so I am trying to find Sylvania replacement.No luck yet as I do not know bulb type.
Just hate to part with another 100+ dollars for BiXenon light because I made a mistake.