Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hella 700ff vs KC daylighter 130w Long Range

Old 07-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #1
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Trevor
spartanhockey6's Tacoma Gallery
Hella 700ff vs KC daylighter 130w Long Range

Hey Guys,

Gonna be mounting up my Yakima basket on the roof of the taco. Wanting to throw 4 lights up there. I've been researching and researching. Narrowed it down to Halogen lights, dont wanna spend the money on HID's right now.

Either goin with the Hella 700FF's 55w or the KC daylighter 130w long range. I am aware of the Hella HID conversion with the 700's which is leaning me towards the Hella's (they're also cheaper). But i'm sure the KC's will do just fine.

Just wondering what you guys think. I know there's threads about all aux lights but if you had to decide between the two which would you choose?

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Hella 700FF kit comes with two lights, two 55W bulbs, wiring and relay for about $75. So if you get 2 kits you are about $150.

KC Daylighters are much more $, but allready equal the Hella with upgrades. See which ones have better mounts before you decide and post here please. I am thinking about a pair of 700ff lights myself, but would probably leave them orriginal.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Trevor
spartanhockey6's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I ended up going with 4 hella 500ff's up top. They do just fine for me. Wiring was super easy with the relay and switches too.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanhockey6 View Post
Hey, I ended up going with 4 hella 500ff's up top. They do just fine for me. Wiring was super easy with the relay and switches too.
Sounds good! I have a Felpreybuilt plate bumper on order and may put a pair of lights on it (in front of the grille, below the grille hoop), but not sure the 700ff will fit in there yet. (Might have to resort to the puny 5" lights.)