1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hella 700ff vs KC daylighter 130w Long Range

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by spartanhockey6, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Jul 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    spartanhockey6

spartanhockey6 [OP] My truck rattles, A LOT.

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Ashland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Trd Sport
    KING 2.5" Coilovers, OME nitrochargers in the rear with Dakar leaf pack, All Pro Apex front bumper.
    Hey Guys,

Gonna be mounting up my Yakima basket on the roof of the taco. Wanting to throw 4 lights up there. I've been researching and researching. Narrowed it down to Halogen lights, dont wanna spend the money on HID's right now.

Either goin with the Hella 700FF's 55w or the KC daylighter 130w long range. I am aware of the Hella HID conversion with the 700's which is leaning me towards the Hella's (they're also cheaper). But i'm sure the KC's will do just fine.

Just wondering what you guys think. I know there's threads about all aux lights but if you had to decide between the two which would you choose?

Thanks!

2. Sep 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    Hella 700FF kit comes with two lights, two 55W bulbs, wiring and relay for about $75. So if you get 2 kits you are about $150.

KC Daylighters are much more $, but allready equal the Hella with upgrades. See which ones have better mounts before you decide and post here please. I am thinking about a pair of 700ff lights myself, but would probably leave them orriginal.

3. Sep 27, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    spartanhockey6

spartanhockey6 [OP] My truck rattles, A LOT.

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Ashland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Trd Sport
    KING 2.5" Coilovers, OME nitrochargers in the rear with Dakar leaf pack, All Pro Apex front bumper.
    Hey, I ended up going with 4 hella 500ff's up top. They do just fine for me. Wiring was super easy with the relay and switches too.

4. Sep 27, 2012 at 12:07 PM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    Sounds good! I have a Felpreybuilt plate bumper on order and may put a pair of lights on it (in front of the grille, below the grille hoop), but not sure the 700ff will fit in there yet. (Might have to resort to the puny 5" lights.)

Products Discussed in

To Top