LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hood mounted lights

Old 07-26-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
Hood mounted lights

Anyone have any pics of hood mounted lights like with the brackets on the relentless thread? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...-products.html

Was wondering what a couple of duallys would look like up there?
Old 07-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 07-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #6
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ writeup?!?!?!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
I do
Do you find them any good? or would the lights be better if they were placed on the bumper?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
xA101x is a jewel in the roughxA101x is a jewel in the roughxA101x is a jewel in the rough
Name: AJ
xA101x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarroll View Post
Do you find them any good? or would the lights be better if they were placed on the bumper?
Id like to know too. I was thinking about doing something like that or maybe somthing like this and replacing the side mirrors with lights.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well for now I just have some cheap autozone 55W lights there but surprisingly they're pretty good. I like to keep em angled out and down to get the sides of the road where deer hang out. If you did this in tandem with some bumper mounted lights you'd probably light up the front really well.

As far as a write up goes, I'll try and get some close-up pics of all my wiring and how they're mounted if you really want. However, it was really, ridiculously simple to set up (I wired them in to my roof rack light switch though, so that could be why.) All you need are 2 CB hood mounts from Relentless HERE, and then two lights of your choice and a switch. I'd recommend a daystar switch. This switch fits easily into the stock switch blanks on your dash with just a tiny bit of trimming.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #10

So do you have any trouble opening the hood? do the lights hit the windshield?

Thanks for this.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #11
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Nope, no issues with that at all. It may differ depending on what lights you decide to run, but there's a surprising bit of room. I even "over" opened my hood to see.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #13

Those are badass man, just looked em up and I might have to buy a set now! For 3600 lumens those are a lot cheaper than rigids. How's the quality? Petty solid?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #14
SoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoJersey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
SoJersey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone have any pics of hood mounted lights like with the brackets on the relentless thread? http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...-products.html

Was wondering what a couple of duallys would look like up there?
just ordered the relentless mounts, and my duallys are waiting to go on, ill get a pic this week when the mounts arrive.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #15
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
Those are badass man, just looked em up and I might have to buy a set now! For 3600 lumens those are a lot cheaper than rigids. How's the quality? Petty solid?
Yeah they just had a group buy on um. I think they are very solid! Small in design, light weight, made out of what seems to be pretty quality material. Ive put probably 20 hrs on them in 3 months and havent had a problem yet
Old 08-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #16
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen this done on a first gen. Anyone have any pics?
Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #17
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
subbing for future reference
Old 08-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh and by the way, obviously i did have to drill a hole in my fender but it was pretty clean. After drilling the hole i took a little bit of duplicolor paint and put it on a cuetip and wiped the inside of the hole so rusting isnt a problem. Then i cut a piece of 3m double sided tape the size of the bottom of the bracket and put it down first so the paint wont get scartched at all. Then painted everything black to blend in and used a bolt, nut, and lock washer combo so that i can swivel them. I figured that might help anyone who was thinkin of doing it
Old 08-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #19
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post

adv monster model 60 lights, 3600 lumens each! These lights are REALLY bright
That looks awesome! Would you mind snapping a few pictures of them lit up at night please? I am curious to see how they look lit up from that location. Do you have any problems with a glare on the hood or anything?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #20
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
That looks awesome! Would you mind snapping a few pictures of them lit up at night please? I am curious to see how they look lit up from that location. Do you have any problems with a glare on the hood or anything?
Yeah I can take a few pics tonight. I dont get any glare back on me off the hood. Obviously some light is projected on the hood, probably about 12-15ft in front of the truck doesnt get direct light but u cant see tha ground that close while inside and when outside the truck they are bright enough to where u can see directly in front! I would say the best combo would be 2 on the hood and 2 on the bumper for direct ground lighting which I have 2 more, im just waiting to recieve my brute force hybrid then im gonna do that