Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

think these would be fine?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

Name: wyatt
AddicTioN's Tacoma Gallery
think these would be fine?

well ive been wanting black headlights/tailights and now one of my tailights is out so i gota get some i think these r pretty well priced

http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-06-07-08-...#ht_7106wt_956

anyone have these? think they would work well if i seal them up good?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

or should i stick with the ones from pro tuning lab and pay the extra money?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #3
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
For the set that isn't bad but quality is always questionable. I live by the notion buy once, cry once. Buy cheap, cry twice.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
^^^true

although the most common problem with cheap head lights is leaking, some guys just bake them and take them apart right away and reseal them to prevent it from the get go....
Old 07-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
eBay projectors with halogens suck.
Their output is horrible.

eBay projectors with HIDs suck.
Their output is barely comparable to stock, and the pattern looks like shit.

It is not impossible to do a proper FX-R or H1 projector retrofit into those housings, at least one TW member has done it... but he ruined one set doing it.

Here's the FX-R pattern

Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
diesel tech

i just wish someone could coem to the BHLM and retro fit for me lol...im to scared i will break my lights and then i cant drive my truck. haha..

and the pattern is something i havent even thought about... how is protuning labs HIDS?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Doing the BHLM is really easy ive done 5 sets now just take your time and you'll be fine....

As for the retro i havent done it yet but i might give it a try later this year.... if i dont buy somebody elses first
Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #8
diesel tech

bullet you need to let me buy a set of those BHLM lights!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddicTioN View Post
bullet you need to let me buy a set of those BHLM lights!
Haha i would if i had another set..... all you need is one day and you can do it yourself no problems..... just follow the DIY and you got it
Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
diesel tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Haha i would if i had another set..... all you need is one day and you can do it yourself no problems..... just follow the DIY and you got it
i just dont trust myself with baking something in the oven lol...i can do wrench turning work all day long i just dont know about baking something
Old 07-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #12
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just wish someone could coem to the BHLM and retro fit for me lol...im to scared i will break my lights and then i cant drive my truck. haha..

and the pattern is something i havent even thought about... how is protuning labs HIDS?
ALL of the aftermarket projectors look like that.

Doesn't matter if it's from Protuning or eBay... the base shell is Taiwanese production. Protuning simply assembles them with an HID system.

If you just want good HID projectors and a BHLM, send a PM to AsianAnts.
He does this as a hobby, and IIRC, he charges $750 for stock headlights with the FX-R projectors... cheaper for the H1 or DS2 projectors.

Personally, I'll be going with the H1 if I decide to do it.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #13
diesel tech

dang there is no way i can fork out 750 for headlights...i thought 200 was super high for ebay ones lol...
Old 07-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #14
You could always DIY. Buy a pair of oem headlights from the BST thread then buy the retro kit. That way its off your truck and you can take your time and it'll much cheaper...
Old 07-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Why not just go with a kit from The retrofit source?
Old 07-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
diesel tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
Why not just go with a kit from The retrofit source?
i have looked on their site before and have to clue on where to even start as to what i would need for my headlight. if i took my headlight out to do the BHLM i would for sure look into doing a retro fit while the headlights are apart
Old 07-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #17

Quote:
i have looked on their site before and have to clue on where to even start as to what i would need for my headlight. if i took my headlight out to do the BHLM i would for sure look into doing a retro fit while the headlights are apart
There should be a thread on what kit to buy including an entire write up about it. Stand by...
Old 07-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
diesel tech

ok i just looked for one maybe i didnt look hard enough thanks for your help underdog.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #19

Quote:
ok i just looked for one maybe i didnt look hard enough thanks for your help underdog.
No doubt man still searching...