1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CHEAP!!!! OEM FOG SWITCH CONNECTORS/SAME ONES ON REPLACEMENT PIGTAILS

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Dirty Jersey, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jul 31, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey [OP] Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Custom Fit Bed Mat, Cargo Net for Long Bed, All Weather OEM Floor Mats, MX Grillcraft Grill, Bully Tailgate Lock, Mini Mag Center Console Mod, SockMonkey 3rd Brakelight Cover, Lots of Love
    The other day I, received my factory fog lamp switch (P/N: 84160-04020). I was planning to install it to connect my new Black Magic Hellas behind my Grillcraft, when I realized it didn't come with any connectors, pigtails, anything!!! My own fault for being not smart enough to even think about the connections. Anyway, I went online and saw that there was a set of four and a connecting harness for them for $36.00 with shipping!!! I wasn't to happy with that, so I found the part number (82998-12340) from T.W.and saw that the dealer asks $5.00/each. I was about to buy it online then I found this site:

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/1567

They sell the connection piece that is on the replacement pigtail for only $.25/each! First, this is way cheaper than the dealer. Second, it eliminates a splice that I would have to make under my dash. I ordered 10 of them, just in case I messed up the crimp. With shipping + a $3 handling charge for orders under $15, it cost me $11.00 for 10 connectors.

So, hopefully you didn't do what I did, and order a switch with no wire connections, but if you did this site can save you some $$$ which is always a good thing. Given my circumstance this is how I had to go about getting all my Fog Switch parts.

Buy the way I just got the harness (90980-11090) for $4 at the dealer, connections $11, switch $43 on Ebay = $58 after shipping/tax for everything.
    Hope the website can save some of you guys/girls who want to install a new switch!

clips.jpg
    switch_3.jpg
    clp1.jpg
    switch_1.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top