Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

CHEAP!!!! OEM FOG SWITCH CONNECTORS/SAME ONES ON REPLACEMENT PIGTAILS

Old 07-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Rich
Dirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of lightDirty Jersey is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rich
Dirty Jersey's Tacoma Gallery
CHEAP!!!! OEM FOG SWITCH CONNECTORS/SAME ONES ON REPLACEMENT PIGTAILS

The other day I, received my factory fog lamp switch (P/N: 84160-04020). I was planning to install it to connect my new Black Magic Hellas behind my Grillcraft, when I realized it didn't come with any connectors, pigtails, anything!!! My own fault for being not smart enough to even think about the connections. Anyway, I went online and saw that there was a set of four and a connecting harness for them for $36.00 with shipping!!! I wasn't to happy with that, so I found the part number (82998-12340) from T.W.and saw that the dealer asks $5.00/each. I was about to buy it online then I found this site:

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...oducts_id/1567

They sell the connection piece that is on the replacement pigtail for only $.25/each! First, this is way cheaper than the dealer. Second, it eliminates a splice that I would have to make under my dash. I ordered 10 of them, just in case I messed up the crimp. With shipping + a $3 handling charge for orders under $15, it cost me $11.00 for 10 connectors.

So, hopefully you didn't do what I did, and order a switch with no wire connections, but if you did this site can save you some $$$ which is always a good thing. Given my circumstance this is how I had to go about getting all my Fog Switch parts.

Buy the way I just got the harness (90980-11090) for $4 at the dealer, connections $11, switch $43 on Ebay = $58 after shipping/tax for everything.
Hope the website can save some of you guys/girls who want to install a new switch!
Attached Thumbnails
CHEAP!!!! OEM FOG SWITCH CONNECTORS/SAME ONES ON REPLACEMENT PIGTAILS-clips.jpg   CHEAP!!!! OEM FOG SWITCH CONNECTORS/SAME ONES ON REPLACEMENT PIGTAILS-switch_3.jpg   CHEAP!!!! OEM FOG SWITCH CONNECTORS/SAME ONES ON REPLACEMENT PIGTAILS-clp1.jpg   CHEAP!!!! OEM FOG SWITCH CONNECTORS/SAME ONES ON REPLACEMENT PIGTAILS-switch_1.jpg