Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog light and parking lamp?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
ekapec is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
ekapec's Tacoma Gallery
Fog light and parking lamp?

I know there are a bunch of threads about wiring fogs, but I can't seem to find the answer Im looking for. Still pretty new to my tacoma and where things are.

So the instructions say from the switch to tap into the parking lamps. Um where exactly would I find this wire of power? I would prefer pictures but any info would help. Everything is good to go accept for this little tap.....bummer. Thank you!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekapec View Post
I know there are a bunch of threads about wiring fogs, but I can't seem to find the answer Im looking for. Still pretty new to my tacoma and where things are.

So the instructions say from the switch to tap into the parking lamps. Um where exactly would I find this wire of power? I would prefer pictures but any info would help. Everything is good to go accept for this little tap.....bummer. Thank you!
Parking light fuse is in the interior fuse block to the left of the steering wheel. This fuse is hot only when the parking lights are on. I used one of these: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...entifier=32416

Autozone seems to be the cheapest in this area. I think I paid $7.00 Much easier than tapping a wire under the hood, I think. Especially since that wire is going to run to your switch, mounted in the dash.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
ekapec's Tacoma Gallery
awesome thanks! just picked one up. unfortunately its raining grrrr...Any suggestions on where to run the power to the two other set of lights I just received from UPS? (for those 2 switches)

Can't wait to get these bad larry's on and all lights working!!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekapec View Post
awesome thanks! just picked one up. unfortunately its raining grrrr...Any suggestions on where to run the power to the two other set of lights I just received from UPS? (for those 2 switches)

Can't wait to get these bad larry's on and all lights working!!
If you want all three sets of lights to work only when the parking lights are on and the switches flipped, there is no reason you can't run them all off the same add a fuse. As long as you're just powering the switches and relays with them, and the main power to the lights themselves is coming from the battery, there is no issue.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
ekapec's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks this thread can be deleted. I got it all figured out and used fuse taps for each set of lights, the kc's don't turn on unless I have the fan on in the cab!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
TuRD
TACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
TACO in SC's Tacoma Gallery
I need to tap into the parking light power under the the dash for the relay for fog lights I installed today. Where is the best connection for my '03 Tacoma?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Parking light fuse is in the interior fuse block to the left of the steering wheel. This fuse is hot only when the parking lights are on. I used one of these: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...entifier=32416

Autozone seems to be the cheapest in this area. I think I paid $7.00 Much easier than tapping a wire under the hood, I think. Especially since that wire is going to run to your switch, mounted in the dash.
Dude... I know searching can be a pain sometimes but the answer was like 4 posts up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO in SC View Post
I need to tap into the parking light power under the the dash for the relay for fog lights I installed today. Where is the best connection for my '03 Tacoma?
The method is the same, find your parking light or marker light fuse and use the add-a-fuse product linked above.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #8
TuRD
TACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO in SC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
TACO in SC's Tacoma Gallery
Well I found this thread and posted my question. Then I turned off the PC and went to the garage to look around for the fuses on the LH side of the lower dash. Located them and had the AHA! moment of realization of how this all fits together.

Then from my iphone I saw you had already scolded me. I figured too late, I've been busted , and will get back on the PC in the morning.

Thanks for jumping in anyway.

I put a pair of Westin 4" 55W lights below the bumper. It took some cutting of the lower valance and notching of the metal brace behind it. What do you guys think? (Sorry the photo is a little cockeyed)
Attached Thumbnails
Fog light and parking lamp?-truck-lights.jpg