1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog light and parking lamp?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ekapec, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jul 31, 2012 at 7:07 PM
    ekapec

ekapec [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 sr5 prerunner
    ultragauge, Cupholders painted black, Pop & Lock, N-Fab Light bar, Aux backup lights, kc daylighters, hella 500ff driving lights, fog lights. Leer cap w/roof rack and rocket box. Pioneer avh1400 dvd. Backup camera.
    I know there are a bunch of threads about wiring fogs, but I can't seem to find the answer Im looking for. Still pretty new to my tacoma and where things are.

So the instructions say from the switch to tap into the parking lamps. Um where exactly would I find this wire of power? I would prefer pictures but any info would help. Everything is good to go accept for this little tap.....bummer. Thank you!

2. Jul 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Parking light fuse is in the interior fuse block to the left of the steering wheel. This fuse is hot only when the parking lights are on. I used one of these: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...n-added-circuit/_/N-255s?itemIdentifier=32416

Autozone seems to be the cheapest in this area. I think I paid $7.00 Much easier than tapping a wire under the hood, I think. Especially since that wire is going to run to your switch, mounted in the dash.

3. Aug 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    ekapec

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 sr5 prerunner
    ultragauge, Cupholders painted black, Pop & Lock, N-Fab Light bar, Aux backup lights, kc daylighters, hella 500ff driving lights, fog lights. Leer cap w/roof rack and rocket box. Pioneer avh1400 dvd. Backup camera.
    awesome thanks! just picked one up. unfortunately its raining grrrr...Any suggestions on where to run the power to the two other set of lights I just received from UPS? (for those 2 switches)

Can't wait to get these bad larry's on and all lights working!!

4. Aug 1, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    If you want all three sets of lights to work only when the parking lights are on and the switches flipped, there is no reason you can't run them all off the same add a fuse. As long as you're just powering the switches and relays with them, and the main power to the lights themselves is coming from the battery, there is no issue.

5. Aug 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    ekapec

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 sr5 prerunner
    Thanks this thread can be deleted. I got it all figured out and used fuse taps for each set of lights, the kc's don't turn on unless I have the fan on in the cab! :rolleyes:

6. Feb 9, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    TACO in SC

TACO in SC TuRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Greenwood, SC
    Vehicle:
    '03 Tacoma Ex Cab 4x4 V6 5-Speed
    Pretty well stock
    I need to tap into the parking light power under the the dash for the relay for fog lights I installed today. Where is the best connection for my '03 Tacoma?

7. Feb 9, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Dude... I know searching can be a pain sometimes but the answer was like 4 posts up :facepalm:

The method is the same, find your parking light or marker light fuse and use the add-a-fuse product linked above.

8. Feb 10, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    TACO in SC

TACO in SC TuRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Greenwood, SC
    Vehicle:
    '03 Tacoma Ex Cab 4x4 V6 5-Speed
    Pretty well stock
    :notsure: Well I found this thread and posted my question. Then I turned off the PC and went to the garage to look around for the fuses on the LH side of the lower dash. Located them and had the AHA! moment of realization of how this all fits together.

Then from my iphone I saw you had already scolded me. I figured too late, I've been busted :eek:, and will get back on the PC in the morning.

Thanks for jumping in anyway. :eek:

I put a pair of Westin 4" 55W lights below the bumper. It took some cutting of the lower valance and notching of the metal brace behind it. What do you guys think? (Sorry the photo is a little cockeyed)

Truck Lights.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top