Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

wiring

Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
nuckin futs member
RIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Stefan
RIDDICK3's Tacoma Gallery
wiring

Ok, i bought some lightforce 170's and im having a little problem installing them. I want to convert them to hid's and i have no damn clue on how to wire anything, the guy told me that, the yellow and white wire were the wires that went to the switch. but now where do i connect the other wires to the lights there are two blue wires one with a white strip and a black wire that supposedly go to the lights but i cant seem to get anything to light up. if anyone can help let me know

Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If you look at the bottom of the relay, it should be marked with numbers for each terminal.

30-power from battery/fuse
87-power out to lights
85,86- relay coil. one side gets grounded, other goes to your switch.

Switch should have one wire connected to positive power. You can use battery power, switched power such as your high beams, or ignition key on power, depends on how you want them to operate. Second wire on switch should go to the relay's coil. If it's a lighted switch, it will also have a ground.

In your picture it appears that the wire that connects the fuse holder to to battery is very long. You should fix that. Ideally the fuse holder will be right next to the battery. Any length of wire before that fuse is unprotected and can start a fire if it shorts out.

Can't help with the HIDS. Never done that.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
nuckin futs member
RIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to beholdRIDDICK3 is a splendid one to behold

i think he sold me a piece of crap wiring kit the relays dont have numbers on them
Old 08-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
nuckin futs member

Which wires did you say we're to long?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDDICK3 View Post
Which wires did you say we're to long?
The one with the yellow crimp terminal on it that's attached to the fuse holder. You want the fuse holder right at the positive battery terminal.

Are all the wires the same thickness? Or are two of them at the relay one size and two another size? The thin ones are going to be for the switch and ground to activate the relay. The red one from the fuse holder and one other one (thick) will be for the high amp power that goes to the lights.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
nuckin futs member

ok thanks for the input im gonna play around with them some more and see how it turns out