LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

FLYZEYE Designs wired L.E.D. lighting for all 2005-2012 Tacomas

View Poll Results: If we develop a V3W, what NEW features do you want?
Motion-Sensing Utility Light Feature with auto fade back to previous setting? 3 50.00%
Digital dimming control - NOT sensitive to moisture? 2 33.33%
OFF position to do 'something' when mounted? 1 16.67%
None of the above. I have my own ideas and PM'd you. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #21
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Thanks!
Seems to me like the blue/white combo would be the brightest, correct?
The blue and white LEDs are somewhat brighter than the amber and red colors - you are correct.

Bear in mind, we try to balance the light output to a practical level - if we run the blue LEDs at 100%, they are way too bright and become more a distraction than a functional accent light.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #22
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzeye designs View Post
The blue and white LEDs are somewhat brighter than the amber and red colors - you are correct.

Bear in mind, we try to balance the light output to a practical level - if we run the blue LEDs at 100%, they are way too bright and become more a distraction than a functional accent light.
Gotcha, thanks.
What's the setup for your pic at the start of this thread?
Nevermind....says rwr..im assuming that's red/white/red but only the white led on?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #23
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Gotcha, thanks.
What's the setup for your pic at the start of this thread?
Nevermind....says rwr..im assuming that's red/white/red but only the white led on?
You are correct - white LEDs are on. It has been difficult to get a 'night' shot and maintain the colors. This is the best I have to date. I'll keep trying to improve the images and make them as realistic as possible.

The beginning shot was taken with a SONY a77 with a 16-50mm SONY lens at f18 for 25-ish seconds. I used two very small white LEDs up in the visors to show more of the interior - otherwise, the images (on our website) would flip from near blackness to fully illuminated. I'm sure there will be variations of perception as not all monitors / displays render color and intensity equally.

Hope our product lives up to expectations! We do NOT want to misrepresent what we offer in ANY way - a simple, functional, well-engineered LED light - eliminating the darkness, and proudly made in the USA!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #24
ohatetacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
ohatetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Curiously, how long did it take to install?
It took less than three minutes to install. Looks like it was supposed to be there. The amber lighting matches almost perfect to factory lighting.
Do you guys have anything up your sleeve....new products coming out soon?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohatetacoma View Post
It took less than three minutes to install. Looks like it was supposed to be there. The amber lighting matches almost perfect to factory lighting.
Do you guys have anything up your sleeve....new products coming out soon?
Good to hear.

We are discussing a new product line-up at this time - some ideas are more costly then others. Too early to predict what will come to market first. We're always open to new ideas / suggestions from our customers.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #26

An older picture... but, this is my 2007's left front wheel - yes, it's still mounted to the truck and no, there is no jack or any other type of 'load reduction'. In other words, we stand behind our products.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #27
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Darren,

I'm ready to order, but am paralyzed by the color choices.

I think the blue is a cool mood color (trips me back to younger days)

But I'm in the process of installing off road lights and will be using a blue LED just above the lower switches. I don't want the Flyzeye to drown it out.

Also the red (and to a lesser degree the yellow) help retain night vision better.
I'm not sure if these are valid concerns or not. Blue would be my first choice, all other things being equal.

Is the third color the button halo color?

I searched for 2012 installations and only found one helpful reference that said to use a putty knife to pry out the panel. Is that the best way you've found too?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
Hi Darren,

I'm ready to order, but am paralyzed by the color choices.

I think the blue is a cool mood color (trips me back to younger days)

But I'm in the process of installing off road lights and will be using a blue LED just above the lower switches. I don't want the Flyzeye to drown it out.

Also the red (and to a lesser degree the yellow) help retain night vision better.
I'm not sure if these are valid concerns or not. Blue would be my first choice, all other things being equal.

Is the third color the button halo color?

I searched for 2012 installations and only found one helpful reference that said to use a putty knife to pry out the panel. Is that the best way you've found too?
Well, to start, the units are adjustable with respect to light intensity. The battery-only versions (V1) are adjusted using our Touch-Sensitive Dimming Controls (TSDC) which are illuminated with your third color choice - what we call the halo illumination.

While it is true that the blue, green, and white LEDs run brighter, you can dial them in to match your needs quite nicely.

The wired units (V2W), are a little different. They are primarily dimmed using the Tacoma's OEM dimmer (if installed correctly). While the TSDC contacts still function, they do NOT respond well when the Tacoma's lights are dimmed down any less than about 75% (give or take). We offer a 100% satisfaction service - if you aren't happy, you can return the item for a refund. No hassles.

On the 2012 models, we have found that using a clean putty knife seems to work well to remove the HVAC control panel. Keep in mind, this step is not needed when running a V1.

Lastly, ALL your concerns are absolutely valid - we want happy customers. We know that a quality product is hard to find for a reasonable price. I can assure you (as many will agree), our product quality is pretty good. We're not perfect, but we're constantly trying to improve our designs to ensure a long, trouble-free experience.

Please do not hesitate to ask any additional questions.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #29
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a kit last night from the website!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
Just ordered a kit last night from the website!
Thanks very much for the support. Your order will be processed later today and likely ship out Monday or Tuesday.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #31
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

just placed an order:

Blue-White-amber with black case for 2012.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
just placed an order:

Blue-White-amber with black case for 2012.

Thanks very much for your order. Your custom LED light will begin assembly later today and likely ship Tuesday or Wednesday.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #33

Quote:
Thanks very much for your order. Your custom LED light will begin assembly later today and likely ship Tuesday or Wednesday.

Kewl!

(could you please send me an extra Flyzeye reflective sticker?
I have removed all my logos (except BAMF) and almost all toyota branding, but this design is cool!)
Old 08-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #34
bruce316 is on a distinguished road
bruce316's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a Amber-White-Amber with silver case for my 2010, just what I've been looking for!
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce316 View Post
Just ordered a Amber-White-Amber with silver case for my 2010, just what I've been looking for!
Thanks very much for the order. It should ship tomorrow or Wednesday.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #36

Reflective Logo Decals...

For those not yet aware, all V1 and V2W LED lights come with a white reflective logo decal. It measures approximately 9". We also offer it in RED, GREEN, BLUE, and BLACK - all are hi-grade reflective vinyl.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #37

Here's a picture of an early prototype - it was produced using a rapid-prototying 3D printing technology. This product development method saved us many hours and ultimately a few dollars while at the same time, helped US workers maintain employment.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOTAC View Post
Finally ordered one! Been checking your site/threads out for a long time now. Can't wait to get it. I went with the amber/white v2w.
Thanks very much for the order! We'll get your unit prepped this evening and should have it in the mail tomorrow or Friday.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #40
bruce316 is on a distinguished road
bruce316's Tacoma Gallery
I just received the amber-white-amber (wired) light from Flyzeye on Saturday and got it installed. I was really impressed with the "feel" and quality of the light and the install was pretty easy. The amber really matches my 2010 Tacoma's instrument lights and provides the perfect amount of ambient glow for the center console area. I also like how I can switch it over to the white light if I need a little extra light for something. I'm not someone who is really into mods/addons but I'm very pleased with this, just wish I had gotten it sooner.