Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

FLYZEYE Designs wired L.E.D. lighting for all 2005-2012 Tacomas

View Poll Results: If we develop a V3W, what NEW features do you want?
Motion-Sensing Utility Light Feature with auto fade back to previous setting? 3 50.00%
Digital dimming control - NOT sensitive to moisture? 2 33.33%
OFF position to do 'something' when mounted? 1 16.67%
None of the above. I have my own ideas and PM'd you. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #41
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
just got mine as well. Really well made unit. i also got Amber White Amber... the amber glow is perfect and non distracting. the OE dimmer integration is key. Awesome upgrade, fantastic product.

those of you with 2012's
our switches are back lit green, might want to consider green halos... or white
Old 08-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #42
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce316 View Post
I just received the amber-white-amber (wired) light from Flyzeye on Saturday and got it installed. I was really impressed with the "feel" and quality of the light and the install was pretty easy. The amber really matches my 2010 Tacoma's instrument lights and provides the perfect amount of ambient glow for the center console area. I also like how I can switch it over to the white light if I need a little extra light for something. I'm not someone who is really into mods/addons but I'm very pleased with this, just wish I had gotten it sooner.
Thanks for the write-up and comments. We certainly appreciate it.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #43
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
just got mine as well. Really well made unit. i also got Amber White Amber... the amber glow is perfect and non distracting. the OE dimmer integration is key. Awesome upgrade, fantastic product.
Thanks very much for the comments and support.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #44
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
First off, got mine a about a week ago; am impressed. Question is, are my hands retarded? I can't seem to control that dimmer at all. it just shoots from on to off. A quick touch occasionally puts it at a brightness between all and none but it is just erratic most the time. Not a big deal because full on Amber isn't distracting at all; just wondering?
Old 08-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOTAC View Post
First off, got mine a about a week ago; am impressed. Question is, are my hands retarded? I can't seem to control that dimmer at all. it just shoots from on to off. A quick touch occasionally puts it at a brightness between all and none but it is just erratic most the time. Not a big deal because full on Amber isn't distracting at all; just wondering?
Sounds like you need a replacement. Please let me know if this is resolved when you receive the new unit. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #46
Techno Duck is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
Techno Duck's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to say thanks to FlyzEye for the great customer service.

My light bar was damaged in shipment, i contacted FlyzEye and they sent me a new one the following day.

No fuss at all!

Really happy with the product also, looks great and installation took only a few minutes.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #47
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
just going to pop in and give props to these guys for a great product!

had mine for a while now, since the wired first came out and love it

this really should have been a factory option it is so clean and convenient..
Old 08-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Duck View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to FlyzEye for the great customer service.

My light bar was damaged in shipment, i contacted FlyzEye and they sent me a new one the following day.

No fuss at all!

Really happy with the product also, looks great and installation took only a few minutes.
Thanks for the support! ...and sorry for the broken unit. It must have been a REALLY stressful shipment!

Old 08-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
just going to pop in and give props to these guys for a great product!

had mine for a while now, since the wired first came out and love it

this really should have been a factory option it is so clean and convenient..
Thanks for the great support! We sincerely appreciate you guys. After all, we only do LED lighting for TACOMAs - for now...
Old 08-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #50

Broken but STILL working!!!

One of our recent shipments was returned due to a gross shipping blunder... We did a bench test - it still works!!!

Old 08-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #51
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOTAC View Post
I installed mine about a week ago and am loving it!
(I really like the "blue" which I call "Ultraviolet".)

I had the same "problem" when I first installed them: the dimmer was not responsive- it was all or nothing. Then I realized that these are elctro-conductive dimmer switches. So I licked my finger and BAM, they worked.
Now I don't lick my finger to dim them all the time. I just set them on "hi" and use the dash light dimmer control to the left of the steering column.

I only wish I could turn them on WITHOUT the lights on (and not in "removeable mode"). Sometimes I'm parked at night and listening to the radio or CD and want to remain in relative "stealth mode" and still use the Flyzeye.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #52
supergreen is on a distinguished road
Name: Jonathan
supergreen's Tacoma Gallery
with the colors like "red white red" where is the middle light? I see the 2 side ambient lights but I don't understand the middle light or the 4 donut circles on the front. With the wired unit the unit is simply crimped into existing wiring?

I really love this idea. I have been running battery operated christmas lights under my dash for a year.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #53
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergreen View Post
with the colors like "red white red" where is the middle light? I see the 2 side ambient lights but I don't understand the middle light or the 4 donut circles on the front. With the wired unit the unit is simply crimped into existing wiring?

I really love this idea. I have been running battery operated christmas lights under my dash for a year.
It took me a while to figure out the "color-code" scheme.
The main illumination lights come in two colors (choose one at a time). The second one is always white IIRC. In your example, the other main light is red (first one in schema). The third color is the color around the "halos" which surround the touch dimmer controls (two pairs).

Mine are Blue-white-yellow.

HTH.
~bill.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergreen View Post

In your example, [R][W][R], the middle color is the secondary illumination color for the console area.

Everyone has their own reasons for the colors they chose - which is why we offer a custom build option. Originally, we tried to anticipate all the 'likely' color schemes and overstocked some and understocked others. The [A][W][A] and [B][W][B] color schemes are very popular but, feel free to order any combination you like. We'll build it.

If it wasn't clear, the "4 donut circles" are what we call halos - their purpose is simply to help you locate the Touch-Sensitive Dimming Controls (TSDC) without fumbling for them. They do not change color regardless of the switch position.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
I installed mine about a week ago and am loving it!
(I really like the "blue" which I call "Ultraviolet".)

I had the same "problem" when I first installed them: the dimmer was not responsive- it was all or nothing. Then I realized that these are elctro-conductive dimmer switches. So I licked my finger and BAM, they worked.
Now I don't lick my finger to dim them all the time. I just set them on "hi" and use the dash light dimmer control to the left of the steering column.

I only wish I could turn them on WITHOUT the lights on (and not in "removeable mode"). Sometimes I'm parked at night and listening to the radio or CD and want to remain in relative "stealth mode" and still use the Flyzeye.
Your desires to use the light in battery-power mode (while still mounted) were discussed during the V2W's development... You could actually purchase a V1 without a mounting plate (for a reduced price) in the same color scheme and do a switch-a-roo when the need to be stealthy overcomes you. They are magnetically mounted.

Note: a V1 will work on either mounting plate. A V2W requires a wired plate to work.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzeye designs View Post
Your desires to use the light in battery-power mode (while still mounted) were discussed during the V2W's development... You could actually purchase a V1 without a mounting plate (for a reduced price) in the same color scheme and do a switch-a-roo when the need to be stealthy overcomes you. They are magnetically mounted.

Note: a V1 will work on either mounting plate. A V2W requires a wired plate to work.
I'm enjoying my wire one now

I guess I just won't use the Flyzeyes during my CIA surveillance operations.
Besides, they're too bright with night vision goggles on.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoeski View Post
I'm enjoying my wire one now

I guess I just won't use the Flyzeyes during my CIA surveillance operations.
Besides, they're too bright with night vision goggles on.

Hah Hahh... Guess we'll have to build a super custom [UV][IR][UV] version special for you! Just ask!
Old 08-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyzeye designs View Post
Hah Hahh... Guess we'll have to build a super custom [UV][IR][UV] version special for you! Just ask!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #59

FYI - All orders placed on Labor Day should ship tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #60

New logo colors...

Thoughts?