Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Headlights to Bright

Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
08beachtoy is on a distinguished road

08beachtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08beachtoy
Headlights to Bright

Man I never thought I would have an issue with my lights being to bright but man I have got people flipping me off in the mirror jamming on their brakes getting behind me and putting their high beams on it pisses me off all I am doing is driving down the road with my lights on and they get all pissed off as though I have my high beams on . I am gonna look into tinted light covers I hate the way they look but I have had enough I am gonna end up smashing into somebody one of these times when they jam on their brakes !!! anybody else experience this problem
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
disassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to alldisassemble is a name known to all
disassemble's Tacoma Gallery
ur stock headlights? no wayyyy wow
Old 01-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #3

totally stock lights its been a big problem for me with other drivers the truck is a 2008 and the friggin lights are bright and I dont drive at night to often so the bulbs are still very new / low hours
Old 01-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
you might just have to re-aim them...
have you done a lift or had the TSB done recently, they might be off from that
Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #9

all of two minutes lol now I feel like a dumb ass for not even thinking about the cap weight causing the lights to aim upward
Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #11
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
your cap on the back makes them shine upwards, get them adjusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
+1. That's what I was going to suggest...
freaky! I was just about to say the same thing. I'd get the suspension TSB done first and then readjust your lights.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #12
08_TACO_offroad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
08_TACO_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08_TACO_offroad
people flash at me too. I get behind them, they slow down so I pass. Then they turn their damn brights on. I have a lift on my truck, but they were doing that stock too!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
freaky! I was just about to say the same thing. I'd get the suspension TSB done first and then readjust your lights.
It's a Reg. cab IIRC it's not included in the tsb.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #15

I own a regular cab and I dont think the tsb covers my truck although I think it should as I am not at all happy with the way the truck sits especially with the cap on it the rear is lower than the front when I put just a little weight in the back and its common for me to feel it hitting the bump stops when I am on the beach
Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #16
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
It's a Reg. cab IIRC it's not included in the tsb.
yup. You're right.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #17
Frints is on a distinguished road
Frints's Tacoma Gallery
I get the same thing it drives me crazy. I have a stock '08 Access cab, with the rear spring TSB, that should have pointed my headlights farther down, not up...
Old 01-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #18

It is annoying huh I am not exactly the most relaxxed driver anyway so when people start f ..... g with me I get kinda pissed quick it has not been pretty a few times like tonight on the way home from philadelphia this lady in some fancy bmw wont get out of the left lane when she finally does she decides after I pass to get back behind me and put her high beams on .This had to be the third time in like a 20 mile stretch with people high beaming me well lets just say I "tapped " my brakes lol she got the hint we were down to oh I would say 25 mph really fast from the usual freeway speed of well you no LOL unfortunately for her she happen to do that to me after a few others and I took it out on her oh well she will think twice before she does it again !
Old 01-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #19
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i have the same problem..but its probably cuz i have hid's in my truck, and I aimed them up a bit since I have technically no more high beam. get people flash me all the time, but i dont care. I can see the road and whats in front of me now.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #20
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Happens to me every time I leave my house and go down the hill to work! I looked at the diagram on adjusting the lights....looks like a pain in the ass. I need to find a big garage where I can put some tape up and adjust them.