superbolo is on a distinguished road
Name: bolo
superbolo's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh got it thanks buddy for the quick reply
Old 11-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #522
Southpaw447 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
Southpaw447's Tacoma Gallery
Is there anyone in the south jersey or just the new jersey area that would be able to do the BLHM for me please pm me. I would pay of coarse. Thank you
Old 11-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #523
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
that front pic looks just like my truck, except i removed the amber reflector...but the black and the black T emblem look exactly the same
Is it ok to not put the reflector bCk in
Old 11-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #524
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw447 View Post
Is there anyone in the south jersey or just the new jersey area that would be able to do the BLHM for me please pm me. I would pay of coarse. Thank you
Just research how to do it and pop it open yourself. It is a couple of very simple steps to do it and should only take you an afternoon to do it.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #525
Thanks guy I just finished my bhlm freaking loving it!!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #526
My bhlm completed
Attached Thumbnails
Blacking Out Headlights, How to-20131124_110339.jpg   Blacking Out Headlights, How to-20131124_103501.jpg   Blacking Out Headlights, How to-20131124_090343.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #527
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbolo View Post

My bhlm completed
Lookin good, compadre !
Old 12-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #528
J0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ0HN_R1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J0HN_R1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post

If you don't feel up to it, just buy the depo headlights with black bezels.
Even if they did make them for the 2012-2014, I wouldn't buy 'em.

Waiting till I can afford a retro-fit HID kit, then kill 2 monkeys with 1 wrench...

Er' somethin like that.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #529
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post

Waiting till I can afford a retro-fit HID kit, then kill 2 monkeys with 1 wrench...

Er' somethin like that.

I bought a set of the black aftermarket headlamps on eBay not knowing that they would not work on my 2013 Taco (they were for '08 to '12) so I gave them to a buddy here on TW. They were $110 shipped. For that price it is worth buying them and saving the OEM headlamps as back-ups. The worst that can happen is that they are not air tight, in which case you could would just remove the lenses and maybe use some Butyl rubber or something as sealant. They look awesome and he is super happy with them. I would give them a try.
Ken
Attached Thumbnails
Blacking Out Headlights, How to-tims-truck-headlamps-1.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #530
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0HN_R1 View Post

Er' somethin like that.

It is always a good thing to have a backup set, especially if you do a retro-fit, something's can go wrong and you don't wanna be without headlights.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #531
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
It is always a good thing to have a backup set, especially if you do a retro-fit, something's can go wrong and you don't wanna be without headlights.

Amen to that. I bought a set of CAPA approved aftermarket headlamps for the retro I am planning. They set me back about $350, but I am planning on keeping the OEM headlamps in case I need to move back to them in the future.
Ken
Old 12-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #532
cjcold is on a distinguished road
cjcold's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just use the plastic film? Five minutes per light and I didn't even have to take them off. It looks fantastic. Paint is a pain.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #533
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcold View Post
Why not just use the plastic film? Five minutes per light and I didn't even have to take them off. It looks fantastic. Paint is a pain.
Because everyone can do that. There's only a few people that can honestly say they put love into their truck.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #534
cjcold is on a distinguished road
cjcold's Tacoma Gallery
The film also acts as a bit of protection from rock chips and scratches. The film can also be easily removed if I decide to go darker, lighter or a different color.The time I saved on the film I used installing an oval Eagle Eye 50 watt HID in the hole where the Toyota badge used to be in the center of the grill. I put lots of love into my toys, but just like my battles, I like to pick when and where.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #535
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Doing a new pr these are sold ...have a ?? anyone ever cut out that lil shroud thing that go's over the headlight bulb? What does it do ??,,,, Thanks
Old 01-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #537
chadwhitt is on a distinguished road
chadwhitt's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I will be adding this mod to my list of things to do in the spring!

Just a couple questions for everyone, is it better to use a flat or a gloss black? Would the gloss help with reflection or is the flat black fine?

Also I read that it looks like most guys are re-using the adhesive, is that still the best way about it?

Any good suggestions for the black tail lights?

I am looking forward to this mod... a lot cheaper then buying new lights!

Cheers!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #538
SpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpruceTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
SpruceTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwhitt View Post
Looks like I will be adding this mod to my list of things to do in the spring!

Just a couple questions for everyone, is it better to use a flat or a gloss black? Would the gloss help with reflection or is the flat black fine?

Also I read that it looks like most guys are re-using the adhesive, is that still the best way about it?

Can you do this mod to the tail lights or is there something similar to do for the back to blacken them out?

I am looking forward to this mod... a lot cheaper then buying new lights!

Cheers!
I used gloss, it's up to you what looks best. The light reflects off the bowl not the part being painted.

You can reuse the factory sealant but make sure to put silicon on the seam afterwards.

No way to do this to the tails unless you cut them open. I don't know how you would put them back together & seal them.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #539
chadwhitt is on a distinguished road
chadwhitt's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of silicone did you end up using after you put it back together?

Any suggestions on black tail lights?

Products Discussed in this Thread