Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Blacking Out Headlights, How to

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #601
o0o Flaming Skull Member o0o
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

o0oSHADOWo0o's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota Man View Post
You didnt actually just ask that did you..?
Yes he did.

He must be one of those elite military intelligence guys
Old 05-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #605
o0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shedo0oSHADOWo0o is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe98 View Post
I have 2014, Doing the black painted insert for headlight with TRS HID kit. What do you guys say, Satin Black or Gloss. I am leaning toward satin.
I vote for satin as well. Flat is well...just that flat and dull. Glossy would be too much like chrome. Satin has just the right look(IMO).

SATIN RULES !!!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricks2013 View Post
Satin here too
Satin worshiper

Old 05-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #610
braik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud ofbraik has much to be proud of
braik's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need to buy more weatherstripping to replace the bit I took off of the bottom of the headlight housing before baking them?
Old 05-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #613
Taco enthusiast
Yota Man has a spectacular aura aboutYota Man has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cole
Yota Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by braik View Post
Do I need to buy more weatherstripping to replace the bit I took off of the bottom of the headlight housing before baking them?
I just used a wee bit of contact cement and stuck em back on
Old 05-30-2014, 09:13 PM   #614
Taco enthusiast

So im sitting here at work lookin at the taco, and I get this idea to do the BHLM on the fog lights... whats everyone's input on that. I notice small details like that and think it would look good. Might have to do it up. Pretty simple job too.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #615

Quote:
So im sitting here at work lookin at the taco, and I get this idea to do the BHLM on the fog lights... whats everyone's input on that. I notice small details like that and think it would look good. Might have to do it up. Pretty simple job too.
I don't think there is very much "bezel" in the fog lights to paint. I think they are largely reflector bowl. If you were to paint the reflector, you would lose a considerable amount of light output.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #616
Taco enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0oSHADOWo0o View Post
I don't think there is veryzealch "bezel" in the fog lights to paint. I think they are largely reflector bowl. If you were to paint the reflector, you would lose a considerable amount of light output.
I was just lookin at mine and suprisingly probably about half the light is grey housing, i think im gonna have to do it
Old 05-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #617

Quote:
I was just lookin at mine and suprisingly probably about half the light is grey housing, i think im gonna have to do it
Hmmm. I'll have to look at mine now. I've been wanting to do the BHLM for some time now but I want to take my time so I'll probably get a second set of lights and modify those.

I have to wonder if the fog lights even come apart though... Let us know how you make out. If successful, do a how to BFLM thread
Old 05-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #618
Taco enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0oSHADOWo0o View Post
Hmmm. I'll have to look at mine now. I've been wanting to do the BLHM for some time now but I want to take my time so I'll probably get a second set of lights and modify those.

I have to wonder if the fog lights even come apart though... Let us know how you make out. If successful, do a how to BFLM thread
Totally worth doing your headlights man, ill definitely keep y'all posted on it. Ill do in within the next couple days. That is if I can get them apart lol
Old 05-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #619

Quote:
Totally worth doing your headlights man, ill definitely keep y'all posted on it. Ill do in within the next couple days. That is if I can get them apart lol
Yeah, with all the black on the front of my truck now (T-Rex Grill inserts, Satin Black painted lower valance), the headlights are just screaming "Paint me black!!!"
Old 05-31-2014, 02:59 AM   #620
Lindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lindsey
Lindsey Walrod's Tacoma Gallery
What's BLHM? I want to paint the housing on headlights and taillights next, perhaps tint them a wee bit too

Products Discussed in this Thread