Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Rigid Dually Flush Mount Backup Lights

Old 08-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
satmanski is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
satmanski's Tacoma Gallery
Rigid Dually Flush Mount Backup Lights

Tinted windows and rocky trails don't mix. I have looked all over the back for mounting options and think this will be the safest (least likely to be wiped smooth by rocks). My trailer connector is testament to bottoming out. Still there but the mounting plate is not long for this world. I don't think it looks too bad. The lights I'm planning on using are the rigid dually wide beam. Not sure of the regular or D2 flavor. One is 1300 lumens and the D2 is 2600 and twice the price. Any opinion on looks?

Old 08-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
D2 all the way!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks fine and if it's fuctional, thumbs up for probably the most expensive backup lights ever
Old 08-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Dually... D2 would be a little overkill for backup lights.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #5
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Go for the regular duallys....for back up lights that should be PLENTY!!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I spent less then $75 on my back up LED lights. Can't beat trucker lights.

If I were you, you should wire them to a separate switch. You will blind people under normal parking lot conditions with the ones you want.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
LocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: RDC Retired
Name: Don
LocoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! I like them.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
satmanski is on a distinguished road

Name: Sean
satmanski's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies. After more research the D2's would be rear facing terrorists to all those around. The regular dually's with the diffuse lens would do the trick just fine. But yea its all kind of expensive just for back up lights. Thats what girlfriends are for right?
Old 08-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Dually... D2 would be a little overkill for backup lights.
x2. would like to see some in a plate bumper tho.

aslo i like the look of them in the stock bumper.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #10
RigidIndustries is on a distinguished road

RigidIndustries's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by satmanski View Post
Tinted windows and rocky trails don't mix. I have looked all over the back for mounting options and think this will be the safest (least likely to be wiped smooth by rocks). My trailer connector is testament to bottoming out. Still there but the mounting plate is not long for this world. I don't think it looks too bad. The lights I'm planning on using are the rigid dually wide beam. Not sure of the regular or D2 flavor. One is 1300 lumens and the D2 is 2600 and twice the price. Any opinion on looks?

Looks awesome. I must say the New D2/Dually flush mount kits are so easy to install and look very clean.

Thanks for supporting Rigid Industries and an American Made company.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #11
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigidIndustries View Post
Looks awesome. I must say the New D2/Dually flush mount kits are so easy to install and look very clean.

Thanks for supporting Rigid Industries and an American Made company.
welcome rigid industries!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #12
wth is a junior member?
Vigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant futureVigo has a brilliant future

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
welcome rigid industries!
Second that! The Halo is the best flashlight I have ever owned!
Old 09-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #13
BytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBytorTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
BytorTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Those look great!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #14
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
I would say the original dually would be more then enough light for back up use, especially in a pair.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #15
John taco is on a distinguished road
John taco's Tacoma Gallery
any updates here? i am looking for a rear light set up for my taco

thanks J
Old 06-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #16
TAP Auto Parts
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by John taco View Post
any updates here? i am looking for a rear light set up for my taco

thanks J

Check these out

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...t-install.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ight-kits.html
Old 06-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #17
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the diffused flush mount d2s in my rear tube bumper, tied in with my reverse lights. Works like a charm
Old 06-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #18
TAP Auto Parts
Rigid has a new reverse light harness kit out that pretty much allows you to wire up and light cleanly as a reverse or work light. It includes a tow package wire tap for easy reverse use.