Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Black Retrofits with white Shrouds!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Black Retrofits with white Shrouds!

Hey so im doing retrofits soon, and i am going to make the housing all black and reflector bowl black. I did a search and couldnt find anyone with white shrouds.
Can someone show me a picture of something like this so i can make up my mind.
Thanks!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
im curious as to what it would look like but i think you could be the first to try! go for it man! its always a good feeling when you try somethin no one else has *cough* orange halos *cough* prolly best to get a color match too since that white shroud will stand out so much against black
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
im curious as to what it would look like but i think you could be the first to try! go for it man! its always a good feeling when you try somethin no one else has *cough* orange halos *cough* prolly best to get a color match too since that white shroud will stand out so much against black
yeah i've seen black and white, but not just white. Think im going to do it and be unique. BTW those orange halos are unique I was actually looking into halos. Know anything about halos and apollo shrouds?
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
Hey so im doing retrofits soon, and i am going to make the housing all black and reflector bowl black. I did a search and couldnt find anyone with white shrouds.
Can someone show me a picture of something like this so i can make up my mind.
Thanks!
I really contemplated this with mine, and also the reverse. Ultimately decided you couldn't get rid of the 'eyeball' effect that would create either way, so I went all black. And I'm never going back
Old 08-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #5
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think I got the Apollo shrouds, couldn't tell you on the halos though. Just didn't care for them on my truck, although that one guy with the BIG halo, that I thought was interesting. Not sure I'd do it but it's definitely different.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
yeah i've seen black and white, but not just white. Think im going to do it and be unique. BTW those orange halos are unique I was actually looking into halos. Know anything about halos and apollo shrouds?
I dont know anything about the apollo shroud but i believe stunt man hans has some ccfls behind his and it lights up the shroud holes from beneath
Old 08-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
I think I got the Apollo shrouds, couldn't tell you on the halos though. Just didn't care for them on my truck, although that one guy with the BIG halo, that I thought was interesting. Not sure I'd do it but it's definitely different.
Eye ball effect would definetly be there. Ill try to get a photoshop of both when it comes time. I think im planning to do a halo ring maybe inside the shroud.. SO many decisions
Old 08-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #8
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
Rascal737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Eye ball effect would definetly be there. Ill try to get a photoshop of both when it comes time. I think im planning to do a halo ring maybe inside the shroud.. SO many decisions
yeah....so many decisions.....it took me about 2 weeks of trying to decide which shrouds and projectors to go with....

finally I went with the Panamera shroud and the H1 mini's....hope I made the right decision?!?!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #9
Purveyor of Fun

I thought that's where all
The ccfl's mounted? No? I had a spacer ring in mine that I just assumed you left out in the place of ccfl's.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #10
Rascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRascal737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I thought that's where all
The ccfl's mounted? No? I had a spacer ring in mine that I just assumed you left out in the place of ccfl's.
I believe that some have the ccfl's or LED halo's mounted on the outside and some on the inside of the shrouds
Old 08-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #11

han's light loooook so sweet. i might go for the behind the shroud look. I think you can also get the halo to attach to the front of the shroud
Old 08-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #12
Purveyor of Fun

Sweet! I'm stoked to see what comes of this, always liked your 4 lights behind the grill. Do you know of the extra large halos of which I speak? I'll try and find the page.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:00 AM   #13
RINZLER

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Sweet! I'm stoked to see what comes of this, always liked your 4 lights behind the grill. Do you know of the extra large halos of which I speak? I'll try and find the page.
i think i know what youre talkin about....the guy paid quite a bit for em tho. they have a color changin switch and they take up the entire diameter of the bowl. they do look good. My halos were about $60 shipped from TRS
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 AM   #14

Quote:
The 2012 with the remote that changes colors? really big halo. he did pay quite a bit
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 AM   #15

Quote:
i think i know what youre talkin about....the guy paid quite a bit for em tho. they have a color changin switch and they take up the entire diameter of the bowl. they do look good. My halos were about $60 shipped from TRS
Which ones did you order? i need to order some.. hah
Old 08-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #16
RINZLER

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Which ones did you order? i need to order some.. hah
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...ducts_id=14906

EDIT: and i think for the apollo the inner halo would be 90mm and outer would be 100mm
Old 08-08-2012, 02:08 AM   #17

Quote:
whats the difference between the CCFL and these?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #18
RINZLER

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
whats the difference between the CCFL and these?
never had ccfl before, but from what I gathered, CCFLs are way more delicate and have to be tied to secure them. Cant use epoxy or anything like that i dont think. the LEDs are built into a pretty durable ring and believe me, I tend not to be very gentle with things and yet, they survived. I used epoxy and jb weld to secure them onto my gatling gun shroud. I think I read somewhere on TRS the LEDs have longer life and are brighter. A well spent $60 for the LEDs IMO
Old 08-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, Krylon white is a pretty close match to the truck (I'll have to check which sheen I used, I think it was Satin finish)
Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
FWIW, Krylon white is a pretty close match to the truck (I'll have to check which sheen I used, I think it was Satin finish)
Those look sweet....I'm liking the color match