Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Third brake light/cargo lamp mod

Old 08-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
Redtaco704 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
Redtaco704's Tacoma Gallery
Third brake light/cargo lamp mod

I searched but it seems like all talk of switching the Tacoma third brake light for a light with cargo lamps died out. I have seen the mod using the Colorado third brake but I was wondering if anyone has found a light that might work without cutting the cab. Still not so sure about cutting into the cab. Any help would be great.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
S1000RR will become famous soon enough
S1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
If you find out, let me know. You would think it would be a great aftermarket light for some company to sell.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Would be nice. I think that is one of the dumbest things about the Tacoma is no cargo light.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
there is a pretty decent mod on here to add a light to the cubby in the bed. I have installed it and it does come in handy.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ed-lights.html
Old 08-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I have a set of strip LED's I plan on installing under the bedrails and putting them on a momentary switch tied into the tailgate.... so that when tailgate opens, the lights come on. May wire a secondary switch just in case there was some point I wanted it always on, but its an easy solution
Old 08-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I am curious to see what someone can fab up as a solution to the no-lights-in-the-bed problem these trucks got.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #7
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I have a set of strip LED's I plan on installing under the bedrails and putting them on a momentary switch tied into the tailgate.... so that when tailgate opens, the lights come on. May wire a secondary switch just in case there was some point I wanted it always on, but its an easy solution
This definitely sounds like the best solution. Minus the momentary switch, it looks pretty good on mikedaddy's truck.