Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Do I need the wiring Harness

Old 08-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
cgmfl is on a distinguished road
cgmfl's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need the wiring Harness

Just bought a 2010 yota tonight and wondering if I need the wiring harness for DDM 55watt 10000k low beams. How about error eliminator? I had ddm in my 08 f250 and only had a few problems with lights not coming on immediately. Should I get 55 or 35?

Thanks
Old 08-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Davidd is just really niceDavidd is just really niceDavidd is just really niceDavidd is just really niceDavidd is just really nice

Name: David
Davidd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmfl View Post
Just bought a 2010 yota tonight and wondering if I need the wiring harness for DDM 55watt 10000k low beams. How about error eliminator? I had ddm in my 08 f250 and only had a few problems with lights not coming on immediately. Should I get 55 or 35?

Thanks
As long as you purchase the kit with the mounting harness you are good.
Just know what your need. I have an 02 Tacoma but I know I needed an H4. Not sure what is needed in the newer Tacomas

55 vs 35? It depends on what you are going to do with your rig. I have 35w on my headlights and they are plenty. I also have the hi low combo and when I go offroading, I have 3 35w converted into my hella 4000. I purchased 5000k in color.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmfl View Post

Thanks
I would just go with the 35 watt. 55 is way to bright, and if you're not doing a retrofit you will just be scattering light even more so. You don't need the error eliminator, that is for cars with a "burnt out bulb" detection system.

I highly recommend spending a few more dollars and get the hi/low kit, it comes with the relay/wiring harness and everything you need to make it the HID's work without any modifications. I also recommend getting the analog ballasts, I have the digital ballasts in my fogs and they don't always light up when I turn on my lights, I have to flip the switch a second time to get them to work. I have the Hi/Low 6000k kit installed and it was super simple. There's a write up on here that covers everything you need to know to do the install.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the install DIY from slimcubby.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...stall-diy.html
Old 08-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
09DBLCAB09 is on a distinguished road
09DBLCAB09's Tacoma Gallery